• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Stuck at Step 2 at installation

imendes

Hi to all, I'm going to start using osCommerce, I read all the instructions (I think) to install osCommerce.

I get the first screen, and then at the second I press 'Continue' but nothing happens. I checked Import Catalog Database and Automatic Configuration. I've create an empty database named 'oscommerce'.

Can somebody help me ?

Thank you.

I've run into this problem myself but have managed to resolve the issue. I'm running version 5.0 of MySQL and the version 5 of PHP too on Windows XP Professional. However, I also downloaded the PHP MySQL and MySQLi extensions from the MySQL website that support the version of MySQL that I was running.

Then do the following steps:

1. In your PHP installation directory create an extensions directory if you don't already have one.

2. Unzip the php_mysql*.dll files into this extensions directory.

3. Unzip the libmysql.dll file into the PHP install directory.

4. Update the PHP.INI file to add the extension_dir setting to point to the extensions directory of the PHP installation.

5. Update PHP.INI to enable the php_mysql.dll extension.

Then try and run your osCommerce installation.

Well it worked for me.

After entering the database details I get the same partly loaded screen. I have done all the steps which Kevin described above but it is still the not working. Anyone can shed some light on this? Thanks in advance. :unsure:

I am running PHP Version 5.1.2 with Apache 2.055 and MySQL 5.018-nt

System Windows NT XP 5.1 build 2600

Build Date Jan 11 2006 16:35:21

Configure Command cscript /nologo configure.js "--enable-snapshot-build" "--with-gd=shared"

Server API Apache 2.0 Handler

Virtual Directory Support enabled

Configuration File (php.ini) Path C:\WINDOWS\php.ini

PHP API 20041225

PHP Extension 20050922

Zend Extension 220051025

Debug Build no

Thread Safety enabled

Zend Memory Manager enabled

IPv6 Support enabled

Registered PHP Streams php, file, http, ftp, compress.zlib

Registered Stream Socket Transports tcp, udp

Registered Stream Filters convert.iconv.*, string.rot13, string.toupper, string.tolower, string.strip_tags, convert.*, zlib.*

thanks morph_ecosse your method got me passed step 2

the relevent dll files for windows are here http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/php/

now though, step 7 is throwing up the following errors

Warning: fopen(c:/inetpub/wwwroot/hardpress1/catalog/includes/configure.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\hardpress1\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 209

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\hardpress1\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 210

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\hardpress1\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 211

Warning: fopen(c:/inetpub/wwwroot/hardpress1/catalog/admin/includes/configure.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\hardpress1\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 259

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\hardpress1\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 260

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\hardpress1\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 261

I'll have a play around...

Hi,

I had the same problem on step2. Downloaded those dlls and it helped.

But now after I fill out Database Server/Hostame/Username/Database username/Password etc on the next page, I get "Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)". I can't figure out what's wrong.

Anybody help...

Thanks.

After entering the database details I get the same partly loaded screen. I have done all the steps which Kevin described above but it is still the not working. Anyone can shed some light on this? Thanks in advance. :unsure:

I am running PHP Version 5.1.2 with Apache 2.055 and MySQL 5.018-nt

System Windows NT XP 5.1 build 2600

Build Date Jan 11 2006 16:35:21

Configure Command cscript /nologo configure.js "--enable-snapshot-build" "--with-gd=shared"

Server API Apache 2.0 Handler

Virtual Directory Support enabled

Configuration File (php.ini) Path C:\WINDOWS\php.ini

PHP API 20041225

PHP Extension 20050922

Zend Extension 220051025

Debug Build no

Thread Safety enabled

Zend Memory Manager enabled

IPv6 Support enabled

Registered PHP Streams php, file, http, ftp, compress.zlib

Registered Stream Socket Transports tcp, udp

Registered Stream Filters convert.iconv.*, string.rot13, string.toupper, string.tolower, string.strip_tags, convert.*, zlib.*

I have fixed my problem. The mysql extension was wrong in my php.ini. It's all good now :)

• 1 year later...
thanks morph_ecosse your method got me passed step 2

the relevent dll files for windows are here http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/php/

now though, step 7 is throwing up the following errors

Warning: fopen(c:/inetpub/wwwroot/hardpress1/catalog/includes/configure.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\hardpress1\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 209

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\hardpress1\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 210

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\hardpress1\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 211

Warning: fopen(c:/inetpub/wwwroot/hardpress1/catalog/admin/includes/configure.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\hardpress1\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 259

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\hardpress1\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 260

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\hardpress1\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 261

I'll have a play around...

Having the same problem here.

Maybe somebody has solved this puzzle allready

I'm a newbie, don't know much about php.

seems like a security problem, but iusr has read rights on de catalog\includes folder (should be enough)

in IIS website config iusr has read en script source access rights.

What's going on?? what should I do???

Any help would be appreciated

Solved!

"The most common cause for installation getting stuck in step 2

is that most recent PHP installations have register_long_arrays = OFF"

Turning to On and everything went fine.

I'm having the same problem getting stuck at step 2. Not sure where to turn on register_long_arrays.. Anyone have any ideas where I need to go to do this? Thanks so much!

I'm having the same problem getting stuck at step 2. Not sure where to turn on register_long_arrays.. Anyone have any ideas where I need to go to do this? Thanks so much!

it's an option in php.ini

I also got stuck in step 2 and after changing this var from off to on everything works fine (for step 2)

On windows / IIS it's mostly in your php directory or in your windows (system32) directory

Not shore where it would be if you're using apache

Now I'm stuck at step 7.... (see posting above your's)

Having the same problem here.

Maybe somebody has solved this puzzle allready

I'm a newbie, don't know much about php.

seems like a security problem, but iusr has read rights on de catalog\includes folder (should be enough)

in IIS website config iusr has read en script source access rights.

What's going on?? what should I do???

Any help would be appreciated

Figured it out

not shore if the explanation is 100% but it should bring you in the right direction if you have the same problems

security settings in the manual are linux style

linux 777 => windows everyone modify

linux 644 => owner modify, everyone read

linux 444 => something like read only marking on a file?

Also check the rights in IIS administration of your website (need rights to wright to some dirs)

Installation just a matter of seconds!!

Archived