• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit cards

If you enable/install credit card acceptance how does it work? Does it really charge the card right through oscommerce or is there something you have to do with the email that is proccessed to you? Or does it go directly to visa or mastercard?

second question is with the credit card module, how do you make it so you have to have the 3 digit code from the back. you know the security code thing.

To use the credit card module, you have to have access to a credit card terminal so you can enter the charges yourself.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

To use the credit card module, you have to have access to a credit card terminal so you can enter the charges yourself.

Jack

What would be the easiest way to do so? I think it is alot better to be able to use a credit card on the site then have someone go through paypal you know.

It usually comes down to cost. Using the regular paypal module is cheap. They only charge you a fee for each tranasction. Other options like the credit card terminal or authorize.net charge you around $20 per motnh plus a fee (sometimes more). If you have a lot of sales, then paypal ends up costing you more than the other options. If you only have a few sales, like most new shops do, you could lose money while paying out the monthly fees.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

If you have a merchant account, then use the stock OSC credit card module and you will get your email with all the details. Then you enter the cc info manually in your terminal as you would do with any face-to-face sale. You may need to add a field yourself for the cvv but I sure there are mods for that.

If you want the whole thing automated, then you ALSO need to get a "gateway" for the extra $20. like Jack_msc says (your merchant account provider will help you). Then you ALSO get and install the matching mod for whatever your gateway is (worldpay, authorizenet, verisign, etc.). These mods for the most part have already figured out how to get the cvv and all data checked before submission. With this setup it goes straight (via your gateway and then your merchant account and then your bank) to V/MC/A/D/etc and then to the customer's account. YOU get an approval code and you ship the order. Done and done.

If you don't have a merchant account, it's time to do some research. That's why PayPal is so easy, PayPal becomes your merchant account and gateway.

Toward Continued Success - - > Carol Hawkey - - > KidsLearnToSew.com - - > Wyoming, USA

Mods Installed - - > Authnet AIM2 - Bundled Products 1.4 - Fancier Invoice 6.1 - Email_HTML_Order_Link_Fixed - Header Tags Controller - Login aLa Amazon - JustOneAttribute - Article Manager - SPPC w/PB - spiders.txt - Dangling Carrot/Olive - Printable Catalog - CCGV(trad)

Planned Mods - - > Purchase Without Account - USPS Label - Ultimate SEO

Archived