• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Email issue

Hey all,

I have an issue. I've just recently installed the store and then setup XMail, with CourierIMAP and SmartPost webmail. When I create an account in the store for my comcast email, the email never arrives. However, if I send a message from the same user account, but from within SmartPost, the email does arrive.

I have tested creating account using work address and Yahoo, and those do work. I'm thinking that Comcast is somehow thinking it's SPAM, but then wouldn't it block the regular message to? I've messed with Comcasts SPAM filtering options, but to no avail.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

I turned on debug mode on XMail and ran 2 tests. A good message from my email client that went through, and a setup of a new customer on OSCommerce which the message did not go through. The following are the results. Anyone have insight to what I might need to do?

Good Message:

SMTP client connection from [192.168.x.x]

SMAIL SMTP-Send CMX = "smtp.comcast.net" SMTP = "athleticzone.biz" From = "[email protected]" To = "@smtp.comcast.net:[email protected]"

SMTP client exit [192.168.x.x]

Message not sent:

LMAIL [01] file processed: /var/MailRoot/spool/local/1140656548000.21597.Outfit

SMAIL SMTP-Send MX = "gateway-s.comcast.net." SMTP = "athleticzone.biz" From = "" To = "[email protected]"

<<

ErrCode = -81

ErrString = [MAIL FROM:] not permitted by remote SMTP server

ErrInfo = 550-67.176.168.93 blocked by ldap:ou=rblmx,dc=comcast,dc=net

550 Comcast.net subscribers are not permitted to directly connect to this mail server. If you are a Comcast Commercial Services customer and need support, please contact [email protected]

SMAIL SMTP-Send MX = "gateway-s.comcast.net." SMTP = "athleticzone.biz" From = "" To = "[email protected]" Failed !

SMTP-Error = "550-67.176.168.93 blocked by ldap:ou=rblmx,dc=comcast,dc=net

550 Comcast.net subscribers are not permitted to directly connect to this mail server. If you are a Comcast Commercial Services customer and need support, please contact [email protected]"

SMTP-Server = "gateway-s.comcast.net."

• 3 weeks later...

Archived