• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Payment options

Hi,

I am wanting to move the payment options page so the customer can choose the method of payment before they are confronted with the login or register page

Can anyone please help me with this...

Thanks

It's not a simple task. You'll need to modify all of the checkout pages to work correctly with the new page order and the checkout_payment.php page will need to be heavily modified so that it doesn't expect customer information to be available.

If you want an outside opinion, don't bother doing this. I wouldn't be comfortable using a store that wants my credit card information before it knows who I am or even knows where to ship my items.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

It's not a simple task. You'll need to modify all of the checkout pages to work correctly with the new page order and the checkout_payment.php page will need to be heavily modified so that it doesn't expect customer information to be available.

If you want an outside opinion, don't bother doing this. I wouldn't be comfortable using a store that wants my credit card information before it knows who I am or even knows where to ship my items.

Thanks for the reply,,

I may not of put this right, I am looking to let the customer see and choose their method of payment. They will then be forwarded to the login or register page before any payment details are required. Just want to change the order of login / register and payment choice.

I have seen this at www.e-av.co.uk choose something and put in the basket and then check the basket..

Hope you can help