• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Adding a product "on the fly"

BioSX

I would like to be able to add a temporary product to the database for purchase, based on a customers input. For example, they will essentially create the product themselves.

Sounds easy enough, right? "INSERT into .." etc etc. The problem here is that other people browsing the site will be able to view purchase this product also. I would only want to creator to be able to see the product.

Any ideas?

yeah - if they're creating the product themselves, presumably they will be selecxting a range of options through their ordering process...? If so, take a look in contributions for "Custom Computer Creator" - havent used it, but assumedly this is a similar process...good luck!

yeah - if they're creating the product themselves, presumably they will be selecxting a range of options through their ordering process...? If so, take a look in contributions for "Custom Computer Creator" - havent used it, but assumedly this is a similar process...good luck!

thanks for the reply. Yes i saw that on the contributions page. Haven't looked at it real close yet. I think the plan is going to be to keep custom items stored "file" side , and all other items "database" side. Then when they go to add item to cart, I will put it in a category that does not exist, and see if that works.

thanks again

Archived