• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

If my database is screwed up

toptiara

and I delete it, will osC recreate it for me?

In my admin module, when I go in to look at the configuration, some entries are appearing twice, such as 'Send Extra Order Emails To', 'Display Cart After Adding Product', 'Allow Guest To Tell A Friend' etc.

Also, when I add items to my stocklist, they appear on there with a 0 value.

This happened after I tried to use Easy Populater, so I am assuming this contribution screwed something up somewhere, despite me following all of the instructions.

Anyone able to offer advice, I'd be very grateful!

Hand made jewellery and tiaras on our website

Please bear with me. Im an osC noobie!

and I delete it, will osC recreate it for me?

In my admin module, when I go in to look at the configuration, some entries are appearing twice, such as 'Send Extra Order Emails To', 'Display Cart After Adding Product', 'Allow Guest To Tell A Friend' etc.

Also, when I add items to my stocklist, they appear on there with a 0 value.

This happened after I tried to use Easy Populater, so I am assuming this contribution screwed something up somewhere, despite me following all of the instructions.

Anyone able to offer advice, I'd be very grateful!

No, osc will not recreate the database, it will report that it is unable to connect.

It may not be the database, it sounds like you have replicated a block of code in the files(s) you edited to install ep.

open admin/configuration.php and read the code, see if it is duplicated.

No, osc will not recreate the database, it will report that it is unable to connect.

It may not be the database, it sounds like you have replicated a block of code in the files(s) you edited to install ep.

open admin/configuration.php and read the code, see if it is duplicated.

Thanks

Took a look in the database in the products table and something had indeed duplicated every single row. I manually deleted these additional entries and the admin module of the site is now displaying cirrectly, but I have concerns over what knock on this may have to the rest of the database.

Guess only time will tell.

Hand made jewellery and tiaras on our website

Please bear with me. Im an osC noobie!

Archived