• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Can create customer account be removed

pjb

Please help, I've been asking around posting questions and not getting anywhere.

I want to completely remove the create customer account option. I would like customers to visit my web site buy stuff and clear off without a having to create accounts.

I've looked at PWA and FEC; FEC is closest to what I want, but still requires the customer to log off and the account option is still there in the process.

Can this be done and how?

Thanks

Pete

Please help, I've been asking around posting questions and not getting anywhere.

I want to completely remove the create customer account option. I would like customers to visit my web site buy stuff and clear off without a having to create accounts.

I've looked at PWA and FEC; FEC is closest to what I want, but still requires the customer to log off and the account option is still there in the process.

Can this be done and how?

Thanks

Pete

I'm not sure if Purchase Without Account requires the users to log off. When users get to the checkout screen, they see a third option - buy without creating an account (as a guest). True, they do see the account option, but wouldn't the user completing the purchase as a guest take care of what you're asking for?

By the way, I see most of my customers creating accounts and not purchasing as a guest. I don't think customers are all that against creating log-in accounts if they feel the store is professional enough.

I'm not sure if Purchase Without Account requires the users to log off. When users get to the checkout screen, they see a third option - buy without creating an account (as a guest). True, they do see the account option, but wouldn't the user completing the purchase as a guest take care of what you're asking for?

By the way, I see most of my customers creating accounts and not purchasing as a guest. I don't think customers are all that against creating log-in accounts if they feel the store is professional enough.

Thanks I will invesigate PWA further, but the only thing putting me off is using PayPal (UK); with this contribution if the customer doesn't click the 'return to merchant' you don't know what they have bought. However a notice can be put on the site to inform people to do this.

Archived