• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Can create customer account be removed

pjb

Please help, I've been asking around posting questions and not getting anywhere.

I want to completely remove the create customer account option. I would like customers to visit my web site buy stuff and clear off without a having to create accounts.

I've looked at PWA and FEC; FEC is closest to what I want, but still requires the customer to log off and the account option is still there in the process.

Can this be done and how?

Thanks

Pete

The closest you're going to get, without completely rewriting osCommerce, is the PWA option.

Vger

Thanks for putting things into perspective.

Do you know how to get round the problem of using PWA with PayPal (uk) i.e. when customers don't return to to your web site after purchase you don't know what they have bought. Do you know if IPN contr. will do the trick?

Thanks

Pete

With the default Pay Pal module you can sign up (in your Pay Pal account) for the Auto-Return feature. The return url is something like http://www.yourdomain.com/checkout_process.php

Provided they don't close their browser window within a few seconds of finishing the transaction then the auto-return sends them back to your site, it goes to checkout_process which updates the database and sends out the order e-mails, and then they get sent immediately to checkout_success.php

Vger

With the default Pay Pal module you can sign up (in your Pay Pal account) for the Auto-Return feature. The return url is something like http://www.yourdomain.com/checkout_process.php

Provided they don't close their browser window within a few seconds of finishing the transaction then the auto-return sends them back to your site, it goes to checkout_process which updates the database and sends out the order e-mails, and then they get sent immediately to checkout_success.php

Vger

Thank you, You're a star, I've been tring to resolve this for a week or so, now I can see clearly how to do it.

Pete

Archived