• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Bulk product uploads?

detareum

I am looking to use osCommerce to support online stores for my customers. I come from the Miva world and have used Miva's version of e-commerce. I need to be able to create product descriptions/images/data offline, on my PC, and upload and add them to the catalog in bulk. Miva allows this via delimited flat files, and so I would work on the products on Excel, output a flat file and upload it.

How would this work here?

Thanks.

George

I am looking to use osCommerce to support online stores for my customers. I come from the Miva world and have used Miva's version of e-commerce. I need to be able to create product descriptions/images/data offline, on my PC, and upload and add them to the catalog in bulk. Miva allows this via delimited flat files, and so I would work on the products on Excel, output a flat file and upload it.

How would this work here?

Thanks.

George

Let me suggest http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,500

This is a contribution(addon) that, once installed, will allow you to import products via a CSV (comma seperated value) sheet. The best way to figure it out is add one product manually, and then download the sheet so you can get a feel for the layout.

PM me if you need help installing it or want to know of some other good contribs to use.

Archived