• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Problem at Step?

pharside

I just uploaded 2.2 (051113) and can't get anything to happen within step 2? I was also surprised the setup documentation didn't tell me to change permissions on any of the files.

Whats happening:

Everytime I try to move past step 2 (Import Catalog Database and Automatic Configuration) it doesn't go anywhere? It just refreshes the page again. Anyone else run into this issue?

Thanks,

-pharside

The most common cause for installation getting stuck in step 2

is that most recent PHP installations have register_long_arrays = OFF

This needs to be turned to ON in the php.ini file (you will need to

restart your web server and/or restart the server to get this change to take effect.)

Vger

The most common cause for installation getting stuck in step 2

is that most recent PHP installations have register_long_arrays = OFF

This needs to be turned to ON in the php.ini file (you will need to

restart your web server and/or restart the server to get this change to take effect.)

Vger

I have the exact same problem. I already tried altering php.ini for the register_long_arrays and even the register_globals. This doesn't do the trick. I'm trying to install locally on an XP SP2 with php502, mysql4.0.21 and apache 1.3.34 running ok.

Bare in mind I'm a newbie, only started a week ago. Any help greatly appreciated!

Coco

Seeing php seemed to be the main problem, I decided to start fresh and install apache 2.0.55 with mysql 5.0.18 and used php 4.4.2. Had some initial issues with mysql (password problem) which I managed to solve. The rest of the installation worked like a charm! :D

Thanks a lot for your help Vger! :thumbsup:

Coco

Archived