• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Switching to OsCommerce, please visit and let me know what you think

Just making the move from prostores to OsCommerce. Would like feedback before I push my customers official over. It is set to be live with PayPal, but the CC with CCV you can use the 4111111111111111 to make test purchases, PLEASE let me know its a test in the comment section of the order page.

I am still adding products, so that's not completely updated, but there is over 100 already there.

The Web Site is at Candis Unique Gifts

It is highly customized on the back end. I am still looking for a few improvements to be made, but the reward points was vital.

Thank you!

First impression - Holy hell, that's a long loading time. It took me 35.5 seconds to load the front page. Over cable.

Layout's a little plain. I'd look into a template, if I were you. But not a template system like sts - your site loads slowly enough as it is.

When I have javascript disabled, like I usually do, no pictures display on the product info page. It isn't that difficult to make the thumbnail display in all circumstances.

Your product name and model repeats on your product info page, and your price is difficult to find, especially since it overlaps the dark brown and the light brown at the top.

Your category listing seems confusing to me, though I'll admit to having absolutely no familiarity with your industry. What I might do there is have your subcategories display at all times, so that your customer has a little more understanding of what he'll find when he clicks Steinbach, for example. I tend to prefer it when companies don't make me click through multiple categories to get to the subcategory I want, unless the selection is honest to god so huge that they legitimately can't. But your selection doesn't seem to be that big.

The pictures for your subcategories are also too small, so they're hard to notice in comparison to the new products list. A casual glance would believe that the new products are the only products in that category, and that isn't good.

Always BACK UP your files and your database before making any changes. Before asking questions, check out the Knowledge Base. Check out the contributions to see if your problem's solved there. Search the forums.

Useful threads: Store Speed Optimization How to make a horrible shop Basics for design change How to search the forums

Useful contributions: Easypopulate Fast, Easy Checkout Header Tag Controller

• 2 months later...

I'd advise you to add fixed width and adjust the size of your product info.php images because they will dramatically increase the userbility of the site.

For some reason the green and yellow contrast works prety well.

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Archived