• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

static pages linking to static pages??? help?

squiffythewombat

Hi Guys,

Firstly great forums and product, theyve always helped me find the answer, except to this one, ive spent the last 3 hours searching the posts to no avail so....

Ive manged to create my static pages in the information box such as contact us, company infomation etc. However i would like to add a series of tutorials about the products we offer. I have made a static page for this called "resources" which appears in the information box with the idea being that people can then follow the links in this page to access the tutorials.

My problem comes that i cannot for the life of me find where to create static pages that are not displayed in the info box. I just want a static page with some text and images thats linked from a static page in the infobox.

I dont want to use a seperate HTML pages as they would take ages to create, loose the session and more importantly take the visitor out of my store! Could i duplicate something like shipping.php and use that? if so how would i link to it and where would it be saved? (includes/english?)

http://semodels.com/information.php?info_i...9b78a867382de91

The above link shows the "resource" page with the items in bold where i would like the links to go. Sorry for the long post, im finding it hard to explain this......

Thanks in advance

Toby

I'm not sure I follow what you are trying to do but based on what I think you want, you first need to create a new page (see the knowledge base for how to do that) then link to it using the oscommerce tep_href_link funciton. You can use the code provided for other links to get the proper coding.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I'm not sure I follow what you are trying to do but based on what I think you want, you first need to create a new page (see the knowledge base for how to do that) then link to it using the oscommerce tep_href_link funciton. You can use the code provided for other links to get the proper coding.

Jack

Hi Jack, thankyou very much for your reply, its pretty hard to explain what i want to do, lol!

Im assuming the TEP_href is to keep the session alive?

Its the creating the new page part that confuses me as i dont want the page to appear in the info box itself and i cant find anything in the knowledge base about creating static pages, just that whole "define infopages" blah!

So for example i could copy shipping.php and change it to my page, then use the TEP_href link to link to it from a page in the info box. Would this work and be stable?

Thanks for taking the time to reply! :-)))))

Yes, that function is for keeping the session ID's. I don't understand what you want though. Are you saying you want to display the contents of a page in an infobox? There would not be enogh room for anythng meaningful unless it was a very large box. Or did you want to just add a link in the infobox to some page on your site?

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi jack,

Sorry :-/

all i want to do is create a page with tips on that i can then link to from say, a product listing, the infobox or an off site page. Its just i dont understand where to save it to and which file to mod and use? ie:shipping.php or contact.php?

THANKYOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH IN ADVANCE FOR THE HELP, THIS IS DRIVING ME EVER SO SLIGHTLY BONKERS!

Im sure this is a really simple thing to do, im just having real trouble expaining it. if you logon to my site www.semodels.com and goto the resources section in the infobox you will see a list of tutorial links. These are the pages i want to create, and have them displayed in the same way as the "resources" page.

Currantly i make my pages through the admin pannels "define infopages" section.

When you use this to make the pages, it auto saves them somewhere, and then they appear in the infobox. i dont want this, i want to create it seperatly and then use the admin pannel to link to the new page.

Instructions for adding a new page can be found here.You would then link to it like you would any of the other pages. Just copy the code for the link, say in the information box (includes/boxes/information.php) and change the name of the file to link to. If you get stuck, just post here.

Jack

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Instructions for adding a new page can be found here.You would then link to it like you would any of the other pages. Just copy the code for the link, say in the information box (includes/boxes/information.php) and change the name of the file to link to. If you get stuck, just post here.

Jack

THANKYOU SOOOOOOO MUCH!!!

:D

Im going to try that this afternoon, ill let you know how i get on, thankyou for bearing with my terrible explanations!

Archived