• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Adding new fields to db for Option Type Feature

lifestar

First- it must be said- it is amazing that I was able to install osCommerce, customize completely and integrate 4+ add-ons (having no experience with PHP or SQL) simply by following the instructions and using this forum- FABULOUS. Now for my question: I now have the "Option Type Feature" completely installed except for one thing. I understand how to insert fields to an existing SQL table using myPHPadmin if the SQL file is included with the add-on files. This is surely simple, but after hours of searching for help- I don't understand how to execute the following instruction in the "option type feature v1.71" Read Me file (there is no SQL file included for this edit):

Add the following field to table customer_basket_attributes

NAME: products_options_value_text

TYPE: text

NULL: Yes

DEFAULT: Null

Any assistance or link to a tutorial will be much appreciated!

Also- is there a list of osCommerce authorized pros for hire for further customization after the basics are installed? This feature rich cart has us thinking that all of our Ecommerce dreams can come true within this shopping cart!

First- it must be said- it is amazing that I was able to install osCommerce, customize completely and integrate 4+ add-ons (having no experience with PHP or SQL) simply by following the instructions and using this forum- FABULOUS. Now for my question: I now have the "Option Type Feature" completely installed except for one thing. I understand how to insert fields to an existing SQL table using myPHPadmin if the SQL file is included with the add-on files. This is surely simple, but after hours of searching for help- I don't understand how to execute the following instruction in the "option type feature v1.71" Read Me file (there is no SQL file included for this edit):

Add the following field to table customer_basket_attributes

Any assistance or link to a tutorial will be much appreciated!

Also- is there a list of osCommerce authorized pros for hire for further customization after the basics are installed? This feature rich cart has us thinking that all of our Ecommerce dreams can come true within this shopping cart!

In your hosting control panel you will have phpmyadmin or some other program to manage your database. You will need to use it to add the manually add the field to your database using the information provided.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

In your hosting control panel you will have phpmyadmin or some other program to manage your database. You will need to use it to add the manually add the field to your database using the information provided.

Right - my question is, once I open phpmyadmin, choose the catalog database from the dropdown menu, click on customer_basket_attributes- how do I add:

With the 2 other edits to tables, there were .sql files included so that after clicking on the correct table, I could use the browse button to find the .sql file included in the zip, choose the .sql file, then click go. Thanks.

Archived