• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

osCommerce - how long to install?

spamfritters

I am having a problem putting a budget together for the installation of osComerce and was hoping for a little advice

Can anyone give me a ballpark estimate how long you think it would take a relatively seasoned developer to install a shopping cart for a toyshop with 120 products, bearing in mind my e-comerce experience is very limited.

It would have to be a fairly bespoke design as I am not a great fan of the out of the box osCommerce design but haven't a clue having not used it before

any thoughts greatly welcomed ..........thx

ok, install - about 15 minutes including upload of files. Design, thats the tricky part. If you buy a ready made template, another 20 or so minutes. If you want it completely bespoke, you could be looking at days. 120 products - thats your part m8, you wont find many designers who will put your stock into the site! The admin side of osC is a doddle, you will very quickly learn how to add new products. So, the biggest variable you have to look at is how bespoke do you want your bespoke site to be?

I am having a problem putting a budget together for the installation of osComerce and was hoping for a little advice

Can anyone give me a ballpark estimate how long you think it would take a relatively seasoned developer to install a shopping cart for a toyshop with 120 products, bearing in mind my e-comerce experience is very limited.

It would have to be a fairly bespoke design as I am not a great fan of the out of the box osCommerce design but haven't a clue having not used it before

any thoughts greatly welcomed ..........thx

As noted above installation on a decent server does not take very long. Modifing the site is where the time is spent and without very speciific ideas of what you want to do it is hard to give a price. It may be $100 or it may be $500 it all depends on what you want. Do you just want to change the appearance of your store or are you going to need some contributions installed?? There are a lot of varibles to consider.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Archived