• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

shipping vs. no-shipping

I have products that are simply a purchase of a serial number which is delivered via email, and products which are shippable, such as boxed software.

I can not figure out how to turn off shipping on some products, while allowing shipping on other products.

I have enabled downloadable products as well but there doesnt seem to be a spot to be able to specify the upload of a product for purchase and delivery.

When I set up my products the download directory didnt exist but I figured I could go back in and edit the products and change them to downloadable. even when defining a new product there doesnt seem to be a way to turn off shipping and/or make a downloadable product...

any help?

I have products that are simply a purchase of a serial number which is delivered via email, and products which are shippable, such as boxed software.

I can not figure out how to turn off shipping on some products, while allowing shipping on other products.

I have enabled downloadable products as well but there doesnt seem to be a spot to be able to specify the upload of a product for purchase and delivery.

When I set up my products the download directory didnt exist but I figured I could go back in and edit the products and change them to downloadable. even when defining a new product there doesnt seem to be a way to turn off shipping and/or make a downloadable product...

any help?

If you have enabled downloads you need to set the weights to zero. If you have done so and it is still not working then you need to check your tare weight and set that to zero as well.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

If you have enabled downloads you need to set the weights to zero. If you have done so and it is still not working then you need to check your tare weight and set that to zero as well.

hmmm. That is the way it is set up. The shipping option still appears in the checkout...

UPS fails as the package weight is zero, puts an ugly error message up, and usps put what looks like a default weight of .1 pounds (United States Postal Service (1 x 0.1lbs) ) and asks to choose a shipping method.

Why isnt there a spot to specify the file that they will get to download after purchase when creating or editing a product in the catalog?

hmmm. That is the way it is set up. The shipping option still appears in the checkout...

UPS fails as the package weight is zero, puts an ugly error message up, and usps put what looks like a default weight of .1 pounds (United States Postal Service (1 x 0.1lbs) ) and asks to choose a shipping method.

Why isnt there a spot to specify the file that they will get to download after purchase when creating or editing a product in the catalog?

Are you sure your tare weight is set to zero??

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Archived