• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SSL on subdomain

mattc428

Hello, I realize many questions are asked on this forum (and I think I read over half of them searching for my answer :blink: ) but I could not find an answer to this question and any help would be greatly appreciated!

My store is located on a subdomain to my main website (shop.mysite.com)

I purchased an ssl certificate from godaddy and had my host install it at (secure.mysite.com)

It appears this was not the best thing to do, because now when I test the checkout button it results in an error - obviously because the oscommerce store files are not located under secure.mysite.com

Do I need to install my whole store under secure.mysite.com for this to work efficiently? Or can I make it work with my current setup?

Forgive me for not posting my real site, but it's not live yet!

Kind Regards,

Matt

Hello, I realize many questions are asked on this forum (and I think I read over half of them searching for my answer :blink: ) but I could not find an answer to this question and any help would be greatly appreciated!

My store is located on a subdomain to my main website (shop.mysite.com)

I purchased an ssl certificate from godaddy and had my host install it at (secure.mysite.com)

It appears this was not the best thing to do, because now when I test the checkout button it results in an error - obviously because the oscommerce store files are not located under secure.mysite.com

Do I need to install my whole store under secure.mysite.com for this to work efficiently? Or can I make it work with my current setup?

Forgive me for not posting my real site, but it's not live yet!

Kind Regards,

Matt

No need to reinstall the whole store. Just make secure.mysite.com the same as your mysite.com/

For mysites, I like to handle the dns at the registrar and just ad a host cname record for secure.mysite.com

I don't know how to do it if youre using your server or webhost for dns though but I supsect it's similar.

No need to reinstall the whole store. Just make secure.mysite.com the same as your mysite.com/

For mysites, I like to handle the dns at the registrar and just ad a host cname record for secure.mysite.com

I don't know how to do it if youre using your server or webhost for dns though but I supsect it's similar.

I forgot to add, after adding the dns entry at my registarar, I add secure.mysite.com as a addon domain. It's probably not the efficient way to do it but it works! :thumbsup:

Archived