• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Seeking a few added attributes functions...

HeadBeeGuy

Hello! I'm a newcomer to osCommerce, so I apologize if I've missed something obvious...

I've found a number of contributions that allow one to specify a sort order for product attribute values, but what I'm looking for is a way to specify the sort order for the product attributes themselves. In my current installation, attributes are always sorted alphabetically, e.g. "color" would always display above "size" on a product page; I haven't found any way of altering this yet.

Another thing I'm looking for is a way for the customer to bring up additional information about a product attribute. The contribution "Attribute Information" (here) is exactly what I need, but the installation instructions seem to refer to code from an earlier version of osC, and I'm afraid I'm not fluent enough in PHP to update it.

If anyone knows of existing contributions that could handle these requirements, or suggestions as to how I might implement them, I'd be extremely grateful. Ability to coexist with Attribute Sorter and Copier v.6 would be a big win...it's made life a lot easier and I'd be loath to give it up.

Thanks!

Archived