• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Buy Now & More Info hover text

I have a button displayed on the product listing for both 'Buy Now' and 'More Info', when someone places their mouse over these buttons it comes displays a text box that says either buy now or more info.

How can I change this so that it reads, 'buy [product name] now' and '[product name] info' on the hover text?

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

The code I need to alter is in the modules/product_listing.php file

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW':
	  $lc_align = 'center';
	  $lc_text = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $listing['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_more_info.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_MORE_INFO) . '</a><br><a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action', 'pName')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $listing['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_buy_now.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY_NOW) . '</a> ';
	  break;}

I have a button displayed on the product listing for both 'Buy Now' and 'More Info', when someone places their mouse over these buttons it comes displays a text box that says either buy now or more info.

How can I change this so that it reads, 'buy [product name] now' and '[product name] info' on the hover text?

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

The code I need to alter is in the modules/product_listing.php file

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW':
	  $lc_align = 'center';
	  $lc_text = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $listing['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_more_info.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_MORE_INFO) . '</a><br><a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action', 'pName')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $listing['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_buy_now.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY_NOW) . '</a> ';
	  break;}

you need to alter these things:

IMAGE_BUTTON_MORE_INFO

IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY_NOW

into

'Buy ' . $listing['products_name'] . ' Now'

and

$listing['products_name'] . ' Info'

Treasurer MFC

you need to alter these things:

IMAGE_BUTTON_MORE_INFO

IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY_NOW

into

'Buy ' . $listing['products_name'] . ' Now'

and

$listing['products_name'] . ' Info'

Works like a dream, I could get it to display the product name on them but was struggling getting my other text to dipsplay with it..

Cheers Amanda..

The buy now and more info was messing with my keyword density on the product listing pages, thats why I changed it.

Same with removing (inc VAT) and (ex Vat) text and putting images in their place..

Now my keyword density if more in tune with my products..

Thanks

Archived