• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Failed to write session data

bassam45

hi, heveryone,

i have this problem with my website :

Warning: Unknown(): write failed: No space left on device (28) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

i don't relly know whats going on! any ideas? ......... Help!

If you store sessions in a folder, like 'tmp', then they do not expire but just accumulate in there and you have to FTP to your website and delete sessions from that folder. They have probably accumulated and accumulated until you have no more space left on your web hosting account.

Once you've deleted most of those session files from the 'tmp' folder then the best thing to do would be to edit both configure.php files to make the last line read 'mysql' where indicated. This stores sessions in the database and not in files. This is useful because the database does a garbage clear up every 24 minutes on sessions. So 24 minutes after a visitors last click on your website the session is deleted.

Vger

it works fine now. ... thank you somuch.

the funny thing is, i have alrady spook to the hosting compny before, and they have sorted it out, but it did it again then for some reson.

now with your help, its sorted. many thans,

oh, do you know how to scure the ADMIN area?

do you know how to scure the ADMIN area

Rename the 'admin' folder to something unique (not admin2), and then edit admin/includes/configure.php and change the two references to /admin/ to /newname/ If a hacker can't find it he can't hack it!

Then go to your web hosting control panel and look for the Password or Directory Protection feature and use that to password protect the newly renamed admin folder.

Vger

thats a new one for you. i just instaled the support system, now, i am trying to add or configer the suport system in admin area, i get this msg.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_array_merge() in /home/fhlinux219/n/nt-cs.net.streamlinenettrial.co.uk/user/htdocs/admin/support_priority.php on line 36

what could it be?

Archived