• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Templates For Dummies

sixstringlass

Hello, all,

Well, I have worked with some php-based stuff before, but this has me baffled. I have a template for a store I am making for a friend, but I can't find a folder in the installed store to put the template. I suppose that I will have to download something special to make that work, but I don't know what, and I don't know where to put it.

So, my questions: how do I install a template? What will I need to download? Where do I put the downloaded item(s) and the template files? After I have everything set up for the template and have it uploaded to the store, will it work for every page? I am assuming so, but, well, I've dealt with certain programs that have situations where templates DON'T work on every page. If the template uses Flash, will that matter?

Sorry for so many questions. Like I said, a stupid person. :)

Charity

What some people call Templates are just hard-coded includes/header.php pages - and in this case there's no need for a template folder.

There are two Template 'systems' for osCommerce, one is STS (Simple Template System) and the other is BTS (Basic Template System). Installation instructions come with both of these systems.

Vger

Archived