• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Ready to be rated

I am now ready to have my site rated. We learn new things everyday from each other. All comments and advice are welcome.

Kevin

My Webpage

we don't rate sites kevin, we offer feedback where we think we can.

Your site is a stock oscommerce site. You have successfully installed the software as it comes and that is all.

your pages are unfinished

Conditions of Use Conditions of Use

Put here your Conditions of Use information.

you do not have a physical address or contact number anywhere on the site.

the link to your homepage produces a netfirms error.

your catalog is called "netfirms commerce pro"

You have a lot of work ahead!

good luck,

F5

um, yeah, what he said ^^ ;) Very much a stock oscommerce store, yet a couple of the changes you HAVE made really get my goat, and LOADS of people do this, and I can never understand why:

WHY DO YOU HAVE A HIDEOUS, HORRIBLE PAYPAL LOGO ON YOUR SITE?? Why are you using your valuable web real estate to promote one of the largest companies on the internet? And with a NASTY gold star logo which is about 15 years out of date. You are an online store, and if you didnt take cards online, you would pretty much be out of business immediately - you DONT need to shove a paypal logo there, it does nothing except cheapen the look of your site.

So, you have changed the logo, installed the software and added your products. All good so far. What else would you like reviewed? If you are going to modify the site some more, let us know and we can pass comment, but as it stands you have changed 2 things, the logo and the paypal logo. I like your logo, I think you know my thoughts on the paypal bit. Cant really say any more than that.

we don't rate sites kevin, we offer feedback where we think we can.

Your site is a stock oscommerce site. You have successfully installed the software as it comes and that is all.

your pages are unfinished

Conditions of Use Conditions of Use

Put here your Conditions of Use information.

you do not have a physical address or contact number anywhere on the site.

the link to your homepage produces a netfirms error.

your catalog is called "netfirms commerce pro"

You have a lot of work ahead!

good luck,

F5

I apologize for the rate my site statement. I want to thank you for your honest feedback. This is my first try at a site. I have installed a contribution for contact us, now it lists our physical address and contact number. I need to find out how to change the name for the catalog. I have to figure out what to put in the Conditions of use. As far as having a stock site, I will work on changing it over time as I learn how to and what contributions to install.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Kevin

um, yeah, what he said ^^ ;) Very much a stock oscommerce store, yet a couple of the changes you HAVE made really get my goat, and LOADS of people do this, and I can never understand why:

WHY DO YOU HAVE A HIDEOUS, HORRIBLE PAYPAL LOGO ON YOUR SITE?? Why are you using your valuable web real estate to promote one of the largest companies on the internet? And with a NASTY gold star logo which is about 15 years out of date. You are an online store, and if you didnt take cards online, you would pretty much be out of business immediately - you DONT need to shove a paypal logo there, it does nothing except cheapen the look of your site.

So, you have changed the logo, installed the software and added your products. All good so far. What else would you like reviewed? If you are going to modify the site some more, let us know and we can pass comment, but as it stands you have changed 2 things, the logo and the paypal logo. I like your logo, I think you know my thoughts on the paypal bit. Cant really say any more than that.

Thank you for the feedback, ditto my previous post to Flyer5. I was leaning the same direction as your thoughts on the Paypal gold star, but I talked myself into it. It will be gone this weekend. What is your thoughts on the credit card logos? I do not have the ability yet to except credit cards on my site unless through Paypal. I also would like to change the catagories box and get rid of the numbers next to the catagory name. If you know of a contribution that will do that, please let me know and any suggestions to make my site look not so stock.

Kevin

Not much to comment on, as they said... but I for one do not mind the paypal logo. Lots of people out there use paypal to make purchases, plus it lets people know that you accept payments through paypal. May want to change which paypal icon you use but I don't see it detracting from the site.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Not much to comment on, as they said... but I for one do not mind the paypal logo. Lots of people out there use paypal to make purchases, plus it lets people know that you accept payments through paypal. May want to change which paypal icon you use but I don't see it detracting from the site.

Hi,

What happened? When I look to your logo, it tells me country, however when I scroll down, it screams oscommerce. Why not try to integrate some of the colors you have in the logo for example into the boxes, like the terra-cotta color? I think the pictures on your product-info page are rather small, maybe a bigger images would look better. Do you need the counter/date in your footer? And get rid of those ugly oscommerce images, I mean the my account, cart etc. etc.

Denice

change the stock buttons to some that match your site

fix your contact page "ENTRY_ORDER_NUMBER"

and as mentioned before change the stock low quality images ie 'write review' image etc

Archived