• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Downloading free products

Laney

I am having a little problem. I am not sure how to make this work.

My store sells downloads only (or rather will as soon as I make it all work). There are some free items that will be offered from time to time. I added a free item today, with price set at 0 (zero).

When I visit the site as a customer and add that free item to my cart, and click on checkout, I am prompted to either:

- login

- register

- checkout without an account

After making my choice, I want to go to the download page. But what I get is the checkout process (how I am paying, etc etc).

Also, since I am only selling downloads, I don't really need that page that comes up when I choose Checkout Without An Account - the one to enter personal information. I want to go straight to "how I am paying" if I am buying no-free items, or straight to the download page if I am getting free items.

I hope someone can help me. I really need help. I've been strugling with this package for too long.

Thanks,

Elaine

"There are only 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who don't. "

I am having a little problem. I am not sure how to make this work.

My store sells downloads only (or rather will as soon as I make it all work). There are some free items that will be offered from time to time. I added a free item today, with price set at 0 (zero).

When I visit the site as a customer and add that free item to my cart, and click on checkout, I am prompted to either:

- login

- register

- checkout without an account

After making my choice, I want to go to the download page. But what I get is the checkout process (how I am paying, etc etc).

Also, since I am only selling downloads, I don't really need that page that comes up when I choose Checkout Without An Account - the one to enter personal information. I want to go straight to "how I am paying" if I am buying no-free items, or straight to the download page if I am getting free items.

I hope someone can help me. I really need help. I've been strugling with this package for too long.

Thanks,

Elaine

I haven't been able to do it as simple as you state and that would be an ideal solution. On my site I use the:

Free Of Charge Contribution

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3342

to handle free downloads...

My Contribution

Music Download Store Template

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4275

I haven't been able to do it as simple as you state and that would be an ideal solution. On my site I use the:

Free Of Charge Contribution

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3342

to handle free downloads...

How is it working for you? I think I am going to try that one, sounds that it does what I need it to do.

I sometimes wonder why oscommerce doesn't work more logically. Will there be a day when we can get all the contributions in one working package???

thanks for your help, it's really appreciated!

Elaine

"There are only 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who don't. "

Archived