• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

What is osCMax?

bbw

I know this must be an easy one, but can't dig up any threads on it. What is this osCMax v2.0? Is it a flavor that hosting providers use? I just received request to work on a client's cart and that is their version. Is it drastically different from regular osc 2.2?

Y'all fill me in. Thanks!

bbw

I know this must be an easy one, but can't dig up any threads on it. What is this osCMax v2.0? Is it a flavor that hosting providers use? I just received request to work on a client's cart and that is their version. Is it drastically different from regular osc 2.2?

Y'all fill me in. Thanks!

bbw

Max would be considered a fork of osC. They have their own website and support forum. If you do a google search you should be able to find it without to much trouble. You will find little or no support here for max or any of the other forks so you should go to max forum for support

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Can you elaborate on the term "fork"?

Am googling now...

Thanks again

bbw

Max would be considered a fork of osC. They have their own website and support forum. If you do a google search you should be able to find it without to much trouble. You will find little or no support here for max or any of the other forks so you should go to max forum for support

Can you elaborate on the term "fork"?

Am googling now...

Thanks again

bbw

Basically osMax is just a modified version of osCommerce. They have installed a bunch of the most common contributions and worked out most of the bugs, then wrap it up into one install package. They changed some of the default graphics and advertise their hosting server all over the store.

Jake

Archived