• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Changing stylesheet of the OSCommerce

mferreira

Im beta-testing OSCommerce used as a new module of a content manager called XOOPS. is called xosC and is being developed by Michael Hammelmann. I discovered that the stylesheet of OSCommerce is making conflic with the sytlesheet of the xoops theme (template).

I dont know too much about CSS but i need to change all the css classes names that are making conflict with the xoops' classes.

Could somebody give me a tip abou how to do it?

Im not completely sure of exactly which tags i need to change, but i think that the ones witha a name that is too "general".

Any help will be appreciated.

Im beta-testing OSCommerce used as a new module of a content manager called XOOPS. is called xosC and is being developed by Michael Hammelmann. I discovered that the stylesheet of OSCommerce is making conflic with the sytlesheet of the xoops theme (template).

I dont know too much about CSS but i need to change all the css classes names that are making conflict with the xoops' classes.

Im not completely sure of exactly which tags i need to change, but i think that the ones witha a name that is too "general".

In the army it is called search and destroy but over here it will be search and replace :D

The only thing you can do is find the conflicting names and see if it might be easier to change the XOOPS stylesheet and files or the osCommerce stylesheet and files.

If you change names within the osCommerce stylesheet file (catalog)/stylesheet.css you will have to search all osCommerce files for that name and replace it with the one as you changed it to.

If you change ie. a class named xxx to yyy you should search for all occurences where class="xxx" is used and change that to class="yyy".

Not difficult but some work.

HTH

If i change the names only in the stylesheet, it wont work because somewhere are being called by its original name.

Im new to osc and dont know if it uses some kind of smarty or how does it works. I know that i need to change the names in the stylesheet.css but also need to change them somewhere else.

Where?

Just a last question: Are those "tags" called only in templates? and if so, Templates are only what i find in /templates/?

"Or i will need to search and replace" :) All over osc.

Templates isn't stock osC and I can't help you with that but essentialy you will have to go through all files under your catalog directory and all subdirectories (or from the root if you installed it there) to change the occurences. Best to use an editor with a global search and replace function in it.

Anyone?

Basically I need a program capable to find and repalce something in several files at the same time.

Depends. You using Mac, Linux or Windoze?

BTW, I had the same problem as you with conflict between osC and XOOPS. For one particular project I dropped XOOPS and am using pure osC.

--

I need no warrant for being, and no word of sanction upon my being. I am the warrant and the sanction.

Ayn Rand

Depends. You using Mac, Linux or Windoze?

BTW, I had the same problem as you with conflict between osC and XOOPS. For one particular project I dropped XOOPS and am using pure osC.

Linux and Windows, im interested in both..

Have you tested the xosC? Its stil in development but it is active development.

http://www.flinkux.de/modules/mydownloads/

Youll need to register

Linux and Windows, im interested in both..

Have you tested the xosC? Its stil in development but it is active development.

http://www.flinkux.de/modules/mydownloads/

Youll need to register

Yes, I tested xosC. I had difficulty with it and I'm pretty used to changing XOOPS for my own purposes.

I only know about Linux. The editor I use most and really like is Nedit. It will allow Search and Replace in multiple files. They do have to be open though.

--

I need no warrant for being, and no word of sanction upon my being. I am the warrant and the sanction.

Ayn Rand

Could I know waht kind of difficulties?

This far there are only some little issues nothing important. We are in ver .61.

I started to participate since .59 and we are almost bugs-free. In case that you still have trouble, you can ask for support in the forum and "your bug" will be solved in the next releases.

Archived