• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Stopping Right Click

cascatz

Hello Everyone,

Rather new to this but enjoying it a lot more than trying to change an OSCommerce Template, but that will come later I'm sure.

My Shop is going to be selling my Photographs, and I love the 'Enlarge' part which shows them off a treat.

What I don't obviously want is anyone just downloading any of my hard word. I know you can stop 'Right Clicking' but being a Newby I don't know where to start.

I would really appreciate some help on this before I go too far into putting my images up.

Thanks a lot

cascatz :thumbsup:

Hello Everyone,

Rather new to this but enjoying it a lot more than trying to change an OSCommerce Template, but that will come later I'm sure.

My Shop is going to be selling my Photographs, and I love the 'Enlarge' part which shows them off a treat.

What I don't obviously want is anyone just downloading any of my hard word. I know you can stop 'Right Clicking' but being a Newby I don't know where to start.

I would really appreciate some help on this before I go too far into putting my images up.

Thanks a lot

you can make it annoying but you cannot stop it so I would not bother.

Treasurer MFC

Hello Everyone,

Thanks a lot

As Amanda noted I wouldn't bother too much with this. If someone really wants your pictures it is easy to do with ie. FF and a certain extension. On my site I use the crimage contribution which writes a message on the fly for the enlarged pictures which I think is a better protection for image copying. There might be other contributions which do the same but I can't name any so right out of the head.

I once saw a tool for e-bay sellers that put a clear picture over the top of the main picture this way when they downloaded the picture they would end up with just a blank picture. They also had a java html scrambler.

I can not seem to find this site anymore but you may wont to do a google search.

They are right though anyone with any html and java knowledge could simple read the code and take the picture anyway.

Stopping right click is a bandaid. What you really want is to keep people from using them, not taking them. (If they can't be used, they won't be taken) Check out sites like iStockphotos.com and see that they use watermarks embeded in the image to prevent their unauthorized use. From a buyers perspective (and I have purchased from them) it is understandable, commonplace and professional.

As I and others said before nothing will totaly stop a theif. If they won't your pictures they will get your pictures. Yes you can put words on top but that won't stop everyone. If they have pictureit they just take the words and make them disapere. I have taken them off my own pictures with little to no truble. If you stop rightclicking, cover with a clear image, use complicated scrippting i.e put it all on one line in your text editor and use java, put wording ontop of your photo's it might make it less appealing to theifs though. Use every sugestion here ecept don't pay anyone to watermark your photos do it your self paying someone is follish for just a few pictures the only time it is worth while is when you deal with a lot of photo's and you need an extra hand.

As I and others said before nothing will totaly stop a theif. If they won't your pictures they will get your pictures. Yes you can put words on top but that won't stop everyone. If they have pictureit they just take the words and make them disapere. I have taken them off my own pictures with little to no truble. If you stop rightclicking, cover with a clear image, use complicated scrippting i.e put it all on one line in your text editor and use java, put wording ontop of your photo's it might make it less appealing to theifs though. Use every sugestion here ecept don't pay anyone to watermark your photos do it your self paying someone is follish for just a few pictures the only time it is worth while is when you deal with a lot of photo's and you need an extra hand.

When using crimage the words become part of the picture through the GD library and I can't imagine they will be removed very easily (not knowing that pictureit though) ?!

The watermarking happens on the fly so besides a one time install of the contribution there is no more user interaction needed.

You can do blending with no problem with pictureit. I am not nocking you for using there service I am saying that most would find the cost more then its worth. I have secessfully removed many water marks with little or no problem at all its just a matter of learning your editing utilities

You can do blending with no problem with pictureit. I am not nocking you for using there service I am saying that most would find the cost more then its worth. I have secessfully removed many water marks with little or no problem at all its just a matter of learning your editing utilities
Oh that sounded bad. Let me explain. I do local editing of pictures for a few local firms a couple of them have changed names and didn't have the old photo's without watermarks. I had to remove and reaply them. No I am not a picture theif unless I have permitions from the company for use of there stock photo.

Archived