• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help Require With Shipping Modules

Rob Watton

Hi

I have a shop with a few of the shipping modules installed from the excellent contribution section of this site.

Most of them can be configured to tie the shipping module to a geographic zone, howver I need to tie the shipping options to a county not a zone.

Eg. Unitied Kingdom not Cambridgeshire, or USA not Florida

Is there any easy way to change the drop down boxes and corresponding module checks to look at country code instead of the zone code

Thank you in advance for any assistance that can be provided

Regards

Rob

Regards

Rob.

Hi

I have a shop with a few of the shipping modules installed from the excellent contribution section of this site.

Most of them can be configured to tie the shipping module to a geographic zone, howver I need to tie the shipping options to a county not a zone.

Eg. Unitied Kingdom not Cambridgeshire, or USA not Florida

Is there any easy way to change the drop down boxes and corresponding module checks to look at country code instead of the zone code

Thank you in advance for any assistance that can be provided

Regards

Rob

A zone can consist of one or more counties but also one or more countries. So you are free to define your own zone and use that with the shipping modules. The definition of a zone you should do through the Admin->Locations/Taxes->Tax Zones which might be confusing.

You create a tax zone with the name United Kingdom and define the country UK to that. From there on you can use that zone name United Kingdom for your shipping modules.

Thanks for the reply.

I guess from your signature line your the man responsible for the freeamount shipping module.

It is in fact this module which I only want available to UK customers only.

I'll try your suggestion as hopefully it should all work fine

Regards

Rob.

Regards

Rob.

Archived