• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

my site

hi all

have been working on our site for the past 5 months i have used a little css for the pictures and header also have added many contributions seo_url sid killer, css menu, best sellers shipping description and many more

i have not change the design layout to much as i think this design looks basic and easy to use

please all let me know what you think

here is our site

please take a look tell us your thoughts also if you would order from us as a visitor for the first time

thanks in advance

pcgiant

Warning: main(includes/boxes/best_sellers.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hsphere/local/home/pcgiant/pcgiant.co.uk/catalog/includes/column_right.php on line 38

Warning: main(includes/boxes/best_sellers.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hsphere/local/home/pcgiant/pcgiant.co.uk/catalog/includes/column_right.php on line 38

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'includes/boxes/best_sellers.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /hsphere/local/home/pcgiant/pcgiant.co.uk/catalog/includes/column_right.php on line 38

Um, your boxes are broken.

Always BACK UP your files and your database before making any changes. Before asking questions, check out the Knowledge Base. Check out the contributions to see if your problem's solved there. Search the forums.

Useful threads: Store Speed Optimization How to make a horrible shop Basics for design change How to search the forums

Useful contributions: Easypopulate Fast, Easy Checkout Header Tag Controller

Yup, I get errors as well.

Parse error: parse error, unexpected $ in /hsphere/local/home/pcgiant/pcgiant.co.uk/catalog/includes/column_right.php on line 95

Mark

Lifes a bitch, then you marry one, then you die!

Hello,

Every time i give advice i feel its always negative, but i guess that's the store owners fault not mine for not trying a little harder.

Anyway, The header logo looks out of focus, i had to scroll right to see the right hand boxes but that sorted it self out after i went to a few pages, when i hit top ( and that should be "home" ) it takes my to a page that looks like a blog page and overall a bit messy.

When i get to the product page i see two add to cart buttons, but no checkout one, so i didn't know how to buy the item. ( of course i know you have one in the nav bar but will your customers? ).

You do have a SSl so that's good, i like the idea of the drop-ship just not sure if i would tell my customers about it.

You have no conditions of use and i can not see an address nor a phone number, that's one thing i look for first, if i do not see one of them i'm gone, it should be in you shipping and returns page.

I like the idea of a forum as i also have one, but why would you have a topic called " where to buy Iraq dinar " do you sell dinars ? if not i would keep the forum for the right content! that is what you sell.

Overall its very basic and stock, so a little work needed to bring it up to scratch.

Hope i have been to hard and good luck.

Kind regards

Hello,

Every time i give advice i feel its always negative, but i guess that's the store owners fault not mine for not trying a little harder.

Anyway, The header logo looks out of focus, i had to scroll right to see the right hand boxes but that sorted it self out after i went to a few pages, when i hit top ( and that should be "home" ) it takes my to a page that looks like a blog page and overall a bit messy.

When i get to the product page i see two add to cart buttons, but no checkout one, so i didn't know how to buy the item. ( of course i know you have one in the nav bar but will your customers? ).

You do have a SSl so that's good, i like the idea of the drop-ship just not sure if i would tell my customers about it.

You have no conditions of use and i can not see an address nor a phone number, that's one thing i look for first, if i do not see one of them i'm gone, it should be in you shipping and returns page.

I like the idea of a forum as i also have one, but why would you have a topic called " where to buy Iraq dinar " do you sell dinars ? if not i would keep the forum for the right content! that is what you sell.

Overall its very basic and stock, so a little work needed to bring it up to scratch.

Hope i have been to hard and good luck.

Kind regards

Hi and thank you for your comments

I am in the middle of changing the pics and I am adding buttons to the header will also include checkout button before I get to far though I am making sure I can put into css like the rest of our site.

Not sure what speed connection you have we are on 4mb and site loads perfect in ie and mozillia. With the boxes not showing on the right and needing to scroll there should be no scroll at the bottom as all is set to 100% so depending what res screen you have it should display the same without scroll just a little smaller and products will be longer

please can you let me know what browser and screen res you are using on your computer so I can check this out

thanks for mentioning the ssl well worth the money I know myself and I would not buy from anyone with ssl so we had to get

address and phone number was there think I changed this a while ago I must not have added the our address and phone number thank you for seeing that will also add live map if I can

conditions of use I am having our solicitor take care of this I will get on to him today cheers for reminder

also thank you for your feedback on our forum I add the iraqi dinar forum as I know of its potential and would like to see what other people are saying not only this but where to buy iraqi dinars is a highly searched with few results mainly I want to get content on the forum to help build our search engine rankings

not sure if it will work or not have not done any research into the effects on search engine rankings by having a forum has done ok for oscommerce forums with a pagerank of 8/10 and all the forums I have seen have high PR

I am also going change both the top page and the catalog page with the top pages I am going to make full css as the SE are loving css this is actually next on my list

To the catalog page I will be moving the featured product down and adding our template instead think this will change the look of the site greatly

hope to have this finished soon

hope you can post the information I asked for as regards to your bandwidth, browser, and screen resolution settings I would like to check this out

kind regards

pcgiant

No conditions of use

No pyhsical address anywhere to be found - you are a dropshipper.

The grammar in your explanation of drop shipping is dreadful and needs re wording, also when viewing this page the content is bigger than the screen pushing the boxes off the page on the right hand side.

There is a mass of whitespace under the products on the index page

your header graphic is distorted

there are 2 add to cart buttons visible on the product info page

when choosing checkout the next page displayed looks a bit like theres stuff just scattered around

when creating an account your post code and city are not in logical order

one of your manufacturers is the 1st jan 2006

All in all im not convinced - i wouldnt shop with you.

I think you have some work to do to guarantee the catalog being successful.

god luck!

F5

No conditions of use

No pyhsical address anywhere to be found - you are a dropshipper.

The grammar in your explanation of drop shipping is dreadful and needs re wording, also when viewing this page the content is bigger than the screen pushing the boxes off the page on the right hand side.

There is a mass of whitespace under the products on the index page

your header graphic is distorted

there are 2 add to cart buttons visible on the product info page

when choosing checkout the next page displayed looks a bit like theres stuff just scattered around

when creating an account your post code and city are not in logical order

one of your manufacturers is the 1st jan 2006

All in all im not convinced - i wouldnt shop with you.

I think you have some work to do to guarantee the catalog being successful.

god luck!

F5

Hi and thank you for your reply

Conditions of use is being drawn up now as we speak

Also the drop ship I was a little undecided when I first made the drop-ship page as to whether or not to advertise drop shipping we was thinking of an extra avenue for sales I have now decided to lose the drop-ship page I will only advertise this to trade.

I see now moving right of the page in the drop ship page this was one of the first pages I made and has been there since

I will go through the information pages and will correct this issue

The white space in the catalog page will soon be filled with the featured products and will be adding 10 products on the catalog page using html and css as I am still a little unsure with php, most of the time though it is trial and error with php for me am learning though. Zengarden is my inspiration.

The main reason for the big space on the catalog page at the moment is that I lowered the amount of products to be displayed, this makes the page load faster I will lower this to 3 products to be displayed once I have made the html and css page hopefully soon I just have a lot on at the moment

The header is already on the list and should be finished today am just in the middle of adding buttons and new pictures to the header am doing this using css and html looks better and loads faster

There are two add to cart buttons 1 at the top and one at the bottom this is encase the description is long and customer has to scroll down to read they will not have to scroll up to click the add to cart

At the moment the descriptions are not so long need to add spec to the products.

I think I will look on the forums see if I can see anything that will stop the bottom add to cart button being displayed if description is small may have to set this by characters, will have a look

Cheers for the manufacturers is the 1st Jan 2006 this should not be not sure why this is there

I would like to thank you for your feedback

I know success will not happen over night and this project would take a few years at least until successful at the moment we are completing 10 to 20 orders a week I think for now that is not to bad as we have not advertised much as yet did not wont to until site has been finished not sure how these customers are finding us as we are not highly ranked in the search engines as yet maybe they are searching for pc giant not sure

O was that you with the test order I will take a look at the order city and postcode section see what can be changed

Thank you again for your feedback

Anyone else have feedback for me click here to check our site. I have just changed the header a little but will be changing the picture soon am waiting for a designer to get back to us with a price hopefully soon

pcgiant

I have now added buttons in my header

please tell me if this looks ok and if is compatible with all

thank you for your feedback

kind regrds

vickie

Archived