• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Text on Front Page Above Items/Below Login ??? Options Rating

Necrosaro420

How can I edit the text on the main page? I thought it was located in catalog/includes/languages/english/index.php but when I even copy the original back over, the text was not there, any clue's as to why or how I could fix this? Thanks!

it is in your english.php, do an compare with an orignal file for the word "greeting"

Thats what I had thought too, but I overrode the one that I have now, with the original one, but it did not put the original text back in. Any ideas?

Anyone? I need to get this working so I can open my site back up, been down 2 weeks trying to figure this out =( Thanks Alot

Are you referring to "Options Rating"? There's no such text in the centre of the osCommerce page.

Vger

Nope, im talking about like, when you do a fresh install, it has the instruction's on like "Edit the text in this file soandso to change this message" type thing on the front screen.

Nope, im talking about like, when you do a fresh install, it has the instruction's on like "Edit the text in this file soandso to change this message" type thing on the front screen.

Wot about copying the file from a fresh install to your current install and then editing it to your needs?

Archived