• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Admin password

Hi everyone. I just setup oscommerce and need to have the admin directory password protected. I tried going through my web host and setting it up there but I keep getting errors. I've looked through some of the contributions but I am not sure which one to use. Which one is the best to use? I don't want to install one, only to find out that is either hard to install without errors or doesn't work very well. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

~Thanks!

I'm only aware f the admin adminisrator contribution that will do this but there may be others. If you instal that one, it makes quite a few changes that you may not want. Using .htaccess is easy to set up so I would suggest using that instead prior to making a code change just for this. You can search the forums for passwod protect to find many threads on the subject.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

From the unix (linux) command line, create an htpasswd file with the following command:

htpasswd -c /home/yourusername/.htpasswd administrator

when prompted, enter a password.

Then create a file called .htaccess in the directory you want to protect and enter the following:

AuthType Basic
AuthUserFile /home/yourusername/.htpasswd
AuthName "My protected area"
require user administrator

HTH

-Krnl

Archived