• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

EasyPopulate contribution

I am trying to get the EasyPopulate contrib installed, but seem to be having some trouble.

As far as I can tell, I have done all this:

1. The files in the EasyPopulate contribution are:

easypopulate.php - the code

easypopulate_functions.php - some functions that Pre-Nov-01-2002 2.2 OSC snapshots will need

license.txt - the GPL license text that EasyPopulate (EP) is released under.

and the instruction manual in various formats.

2. Copy file easypopulate.php and easypopulate_functions into admin/.

3. For adding link to the Admin, edit file admin/includes/boxes/catalog.php by adding this line:

'<a href="' . tep_href_link('easypopulate.php', '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">Easy Populate</a><br>'.

After:

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES, '', 'NONSSL') . '"

class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES .

'</a><br>' .

4. Make sure that you have a directory called catalog/temp, and that it's permissions are set to allow writes to that directory (while you're in the catalog directory, execute "chmod 777 temp").

The code in edit file admin/includes/boxes/catalog.php looks like this after adding the line of code:

if ($selected_box == 'catalog') {
$contents[] = array('text'  => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS . '</a><br>' .
							   '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . '</a><br>' .
							   '<a href="' . tep_href_link('easypopulate.php', '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">Easy Populate</a><br>'.
							   '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_MANUFACTURERS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_MANUFACTURERS . '</a><br>' .
							   '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_REVIEWS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_REVIEWS . '</a><br>' .
							   '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SPECIALS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_SPECIALS . '</a><br>' .
							   '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED . '</a>');

}

$box = new box;
 echo $box->menuBox($heading, $contents);

For some reason I cannot see the EP in the admin section. Can someone shed some light in this dark room?

Archived