• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New pictures don't appear

I don't know what happened to my site. Suddenly the pictures of new products don't appear. However, if I go to the description of the item and click for a larger view then the larger picture will appear.

Does anyone know what file may have been changed? I have regular backups off all files but I would prefer to only reinstall the file that needs corrected. (Why bother loosing any other work?)

Any help is appreciated.

Kym

I'm narrowing it down.

My image folder was not writable so I changed the permissions to 777.

Now it saves images.

The older (and working images) were saved with a permission setting of 644.

The new images (that do not appear on the site) are saving with a permission of 777.

What permissions should I use so that the new pictures will save with a setting of 644?

Will this fix the problem of the new pictures not appearing in the category size (they do appear if you click a link for the larger image)?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Kym

... new products don't appear. However, if I go to the description of the item and click for a larger view then the larger picture will appear.

Okay. No one answered but since I found several other posts asking the same type of question I will go ahead and post my solution just in case it helps someone else later on.

The problem:

When adding new products the images appear in the admin section.

When looking at the site, as a regular visitor, the images of the new products appear as boxes with red x's in them. But, following the link for a larger image the larger images did appear. (only small images did not work)

Fix:

Catalog/images must have the permissions set to 777

Catalog/images/imagecache must have the permission set to 777

This fixed my problem. I hope it can help someone else.

Kym

I having sort of the same problem. I have had this shop set up for a few years now and all of a sudden some of the pictures are not showing(just get the little red x). I went into admin and tried to add the product pics back but no go. I set permissions for the image directory to 777 but that doesn't work either.

Anyone have a suggestion?

Archived