• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Images look wrong on main page, please help

Hello,

I could really use some help with this problem. I'm very new to this scene and finding it hard to understand how it all works.

I'm using godaddy hosting plan, the basic one. I uploaded all the files into the main directory...looking at all the folders, you can see one that is named 'catalog' , if you go into that folder you would see 6 other folders along with files. There is a 'admin' 'download' 'images' 'includes' 'installAAA' 'pub'.

I tried to follow the PDF directions. It mentioned to change or delete the 'install' folder which I renamed to 'installAAA' it also mentioned to change certain folders to a number, like '777' or '644'. I think I was able to do it correct but I'm not sure.

The PDF trouble shooter says to fix the problem: 'that page and change the link of your stylesheet in whatever file is not displaying correctly'

What it explained above, I dont understand. It sounds like it wants me to change the stylesheet on the page, but the only page I can get to, is the main index.html page...but that page has nothing to do with it. Every page looks fine except for the 'catalog' page.

I dont know what else to do. Please if you explain, try and take the time. As I said, its all new to me and I dont want to screw things up. I truly appreciate your time.

Thanks

What exactly is the problem? What does "images look wrong" mean?

Are they a different size on the index page that in the product listing? If so, try adjusting the "image" values from your admin configuration page.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Thanks for taking the time to help out. Here is a PIC of what all the images look like. Even the osCommerce image in the top left corner, is all screwed up. It looks just like the example below...its all shifted to the side.

I dont know how to fix this and could really use some help...please.

Error.jpg

Thanks for the time

It looks like your image files were corrupted during the upload.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Hello again,

Can someone please explain what I have to do to fix this? I dont understand why all the images are looking this way and if what you said it the reason, then please tell me how to fix it.

Thanks for the help and time.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

Im really sorry to keep this open but if you look at the date and see how long I have waited for some kind of help, you will see that Im trying to figure this out. Please some try and let me know what is wrong...I dont understand....thanks

Hello,

Im really sorry to keep this open but if you look at the date and see how long I have waited for some kind of help, you will see that Im trying to figure this out. Please some try and let me know what is wrong...I dont understand....thanks

Your images are being corrupted when you upload them. What program are you using to upload them to your server? Also, you need to upload using a binary setting. Otherwise they will be corrupted as well. If your FTP program has an Autodetect setting, I recommend using that setting. I know that WS-FTP has that setting but I'm not real familiar with other programs.

Michelle

Just hangin' out in the zoo!

Archived