• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Adding currencies

sackling

In the knowledge base it says this about adding new currencies:

"Two currencies are installed by default, the US Dollar and the EU Euro, although others can be installed. Although all currencies listed will be availale to the customer for selection, the default currency will be used for data entry in the Adminstration Tool. Also, a tool is provided to help update the currency exchange rates."

what is this tool that is provided to help update the rates? If i put canadian dollars in will there be a way to automatically keep up with the exchange rate?

i see the upadte currency button now but i must have done something wrong because when i click it i get these errors:

"Warning Warning: The primary exchange rate server (oanda) failed for US Dollar (USD) - trying the secondary exchange rate server.

Error Error: The exchange rate for US Dollar (USD) was not updated via xe. Is it a valid currency code?

Warning Warning: The primary exchange rate server (oanda) failed for Canadian Dollar (CAD) - trying the secondary exchange rate server.

Error Error: The exchange rate for Canadian Dollar (CAD) was not updated via xe. Is it a valid currency code?"

i think it has to do with both of the values being set to 1.0000000. what should it be set to, if the canadian dollars are the default?

If Canadian Dollars are your default currency then when you added it you should have ticked the box to set it as the default currency and made its value 1.00

Then, once you have saved those settings for the currency you click the button to update the currencies and the US Dollar rate should adjust itself to its value against the Canadian Dollar.

Sometimes the currency exchange computers throw a wobbly, so I'd advise you to wait and try them later.

Vger

Archived