• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

French newbie

Juan1

Hello everybody !

I am from France, don't blame me for that :-)

I am 100% newbie and I set up yesterday Easyphp and Oscommerce, it's been a hell of a job as I do not master this stuff at all. Oscommerce looks simply great, this is really cool nowadays to get free tools to boost business, thank you all the developers, you're nice people

As I just start and already get error messages*, I don't want to flood your forum with silly questions, I'm probably the worst beginner you'll ever know. I was wondering if some of you may help me from this point and if they prefer to reply here or with MSN. Please excuse me if I do not respect rules of this forum, I will improve myself step by step (we french people need more time to solve problems, we're not smart people, you know...)

* 1 - In http://localhost/catalog/admin/ I have this message :

Warning: open(/tmp\sess_716ac4dc0a649fc3432cb4e1cc1f5922, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in c:\program files\easyphp\www\catalog\admin\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 67

2 - In http://localhost/catalog/ I have this one :

Warning: open(/tmp\sess_bc5679308e32f7ec3d731ba7b0e6c374, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in c:\program files\easyphp\www\catalog\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 97

Warning Warning: Installation directory exists at: c:/program files/easyphp/www/catalog/install. Please remove this directory for security reasons.

Warning Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: c:/program files/easyphp/www/catalog/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

Warning Warning: The sessions directory does not exist: /tmp. Sessions will not work until this directory is created.

As I guess you must be fed up with stupid guys like me, I will add a joke to my every post. This way you will not waste your time by reading me and perhaps laugh, which is my contribution to your forum

I translate french jokes in English, I hope the result will be ok

A woman calls her husband who stayed at home while she's working

"Hi honey, what's up ?

- The cat is dead

- Oh no, that's horrible ! But darling, you could have been less rude, you should have told me that Kitty was walking on the balcony then fell accidentally. I'm so sad...Anyway, how is my mother ?

- Well...she was walking on the balcony....."

(shame on me :rolleyes: )

Have a nice day and thanks a lot in advance !

Juan

Hello everybody !

I am from France, don't blame me for that :-)

A woman calls her husband who stayed at home while she's working

"Hi honey, what's up ?

- The cat is dead

- Oh no, that's horrible ! But darling, you could have been less rude, you should have told me that Kitty was walking on the balcony then fell accidentally. I'm so sad...Anyway, how is my mother ?

- Well...she was walking on the balcony....."

(shame on me :rolleyes: )

Have a nice day and thanks a lot in advance !

Juan

Bonjour and Welcome!

Nice joke :P

Now something about your error. Did you check if these files exists in the mentioned directory's?

Did you check these files and what they are looking for:

c:\program files\easyphp\www\catalog\admin\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 67

c:\program files\easyphp\www\catalog\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 97

Please remove your install dir!

Warning Warning: Installation directory exists at: c:/program files/easyphp/www/catalog/install. Please remove this directory for security reasons.

Please cmod your config file metioned below!

Warning Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: c:/program files/easyphp/www/catalog/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

Please create a temp dir in your installation root.

Warning Warning: The sessions directory does not exist: /tmp. Sessions will not work until this directory is created

Norman in 't Veldt

osCommerce The Netherlands

Thank you, guy !

I succeeded to remove some error messages according your tips. Now I have that :

In http://localhost/catalog/admin/ :

Warning: open(/tmp\sess_d7b997749da658c4fce899e21adbf0db, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in c:\program files\easyphp\www\catalog\admin\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 67

And in http://localhost/catalog/ :

Warning: open(/tmp\sess_dc0354fe47797ac1f44c7b999f4944f5, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in c:\program files\easyphp\www\catalog\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 97

Warning Warning: The sessions directory does not exist: /tmp. Sessions will not work until this directory is created.

So I guess, even if I'm a french moron, that it's about the /temp directory you advise me to create. But as I told you, I am a newbie and when you say "Please create a temp dir in your installation root'. I don't know where is this directory, sorry...Could you write the "path" where I sould create it, please ?

By the way, if anybody needs any french help, I'm your man

And of course, a translated joke :

A man comes back from an african safari

"It was cool, I killed 2 Lions, 8 Elephants and 12 Notmee-notmee

- Huh, what's a Notmee-notmee ?

- I don't really know but when I targeted them, they screamt "Notmee ! Notmee !"

This joke is bad, I'd be better later, sorry...

Thank you, guy !

I succeeded to remove some error messages according your tips. Now I have that :

In http://localhost/catalog/admin/ :

And in http://localhost/catalog/ :

So I guess, even if I'm a french moron, that it's about the /temp directory you advise me to create. But as I told you, I am a newbie and when you say "Please create a temp dir in your installation root'. I don't know where is this directory, sorry...Could you write the "path" where I sould create it, please ?

Did you read the install-documents?

Anywayz, the tmp dir should be in the root-dir (catalog) and should look something like this:

\admin

\includes

\tmp

By the way, if anybody needs any french help, I'm your man

And of course, a translated joke :

A man comes back from an african safari

"It was cool, I killed 2 Lions, 8 Elephants and 12 Notmee-notmee

- Huh, what's a Notmee-notmee ?

- I don't really know but when I targeted them, they screamt "Notmee ! Notmee !"

This joke is bad, I'd be better later, sorry...

lol

:thumbsup:

Norman in 't Veldt

I can't believe it, I posted my topic this morning and tons of other topics were created meanwhile. Oscommerce is a huge community :)

So I created the tmp dir in C:\Program Files\EasyPHP\www\catalog\admin\includes but I still get this message :

Warning: open(/tmp\sess_3c3f0c470d03b0dada1b6a19664f13a7, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in c:\program files\easyphp\www\catalog\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 97

And

Warning: open(/tmp\sess_515126ad4474c6c249eef5397379e3fb, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in c:\program files\easyphp\www\catalog\admin\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 67

Any suggestions ?

It reminds me a funny story :

What does a Bimbo do when the water of baby's bath is too warm ?

She puts gloves on her hands

Geez, the more you help me, the worst are my jokes...

Please, check these files for what is on that two lines that are mentioned in these error messages.

use Agent Ransack to find the exact line-numbers.

Norman in 't Veldt

Cool, I do not have any error messages anymore !

As there was a \tmp directory in C:\Program Files\EasyPHP\tmp I changed this path in the configuration of sessions (if you can translate yourself what I mean, lol) and now no more error messages

Thank you so much for your kindly help !

Another one for the road, as we say in french :

Have you ever seen the wife of Stevie Wonder ?

Neither did he

:blush:

Cool, I do not have any error messages anymore !

As there was a \tmp directory in C:\Program Files\EasyPHP\tmp I changed this path in the configuration of sessions (if you can translate yourself what I mean, lol) and now no more error messages

Thank you so much for your kindly help !

Well, as I've been helped many times before so it's my pleasure to help you!

Another one for the road, as we say in french :

:blush:

Well, I've heard he has seen her once.... :blush:

As for the Agent Ransack, do a search on Google and you see what I mean. :-"

I will add you to my MSN tonight!

Norman in 't Veldt

Archived