• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Removing icons/link on Catalogue "My Account, Cart content, Checkout"

I know there has to be another way but you could go and make a blank clear pic. and upload it to the following.

upload all to the following area: /images

These are the names you need to give your blank images: header_checkout.gif , header_cart.gif , header_account.gif

If you can not make a clear .gif file then make a picture that is the identical color of your back drop

I know there has to be another way but you could go and make a blank clear pic. and upload it to the following.

upload all to the following area: /images

These are the names you need to give your blank images: header_checkout.gif , header_cart.gif , header_account.gif

If you can not make a clear .gif file then make a picture that is the identical color of your back drop

Thanks, but wouldn't that just mask the existing images rather than removing them? I need to remove them completely as they are affecting the look of my header.

Just look at your header file and remove them from their you will see the code for them its only a matter of removing it if you want it gone

Just look at your header file and remove them from their you will see the code for them its only a matter of removing it if you want it gone

Thanks. It worked.

Thanks. It worked.

Im sorry...but Im still having trouble with this. I was able to get rid of the images, but the words and the hyperlink are still there. Did I miss something? Can you tell me specifically which folder/file you edited?

thanks for any help!

Lori

Im sorry...but Im still having trouble with this. I was able to get rid of the images, but the words and the hyperlink are still there. Did I miss something? Can you tell me specifically which folder/file you edited?

thanks for any help!

Lori

You have to remove these three lines for everything to be removed in folder: (..includes/header.php)

tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_account.gif', HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT) .

tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_cart.gif', HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS) .

tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_checkout.gif', HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT) .

ORIGINAL BELOW

?>

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr class="header">

<td valign="middle"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'oscommerce.gif', 'osCommerce') . '</a>'; ?></td>

<td align="right" valign="bottom"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_account.gif', HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT) . '</a>??<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_cart.gif', HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS) . '</a>??<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_checkout.gif', HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT) . '</a>'; ?>??</td>

</tr>

Be sure to backup your files before doing this. First copy the file (..includes/header.php) in a text editor and save it before making the changes...just in case!

Hope this helps you.

Ed

• 4 weeks later...
ORIGINAL BELOW

?>

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr class="header">

<td valign="middle"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'oscommerce.gif', 'osCommerce') . '</a>'; ?></td>

<td align="right" valign="bottom"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_account.gif', HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT) . '</a> <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_cart.gif', HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS) . '</a> <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_checkout.gif', HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT) . '</a>'; ?> </td>

</tr>

Be sure to backup your files before doing this. First copy the file (..includes/header.php) in a text editor and save it before making the changes...just in case!

Hope this helps you.

Ed

Hi Ed,

I used this information and managed to remove the images perfectly, thank you! However, now my banner has disappeared. :( I checked the banner manager, and it still says the banner is there, but it doesn't show up in the store. All that's there is a small blank area above the navigation bar. I copied the includes/header.php file into EditPad and saved it (I also backed up the store database), then did a search and replace with the terms you highlighted, deleted those bits of code, and saved it under a new name, then copied to the includes/header.php and saved it. I can undo everything, but I'm wondering if I just need to do something simple to make the header space bigger or . . . I have no idea. Very new and I'm just bumbling along - after saving everything, of course!

Thanks,

Becky

Archived