• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Please help me with Easy Populate

Hello Guys,

Noob here. I have searched and searched for answers with no luck. I have seen this question asked before but no one answers it. I cannot upload anything in EP. I just get this error:

Precondition Failed

The precondition on the request for the URL /catalog/admin/easypopulate.php evaluated to false.

Also, it there some type of inventory template floating around here that makes it easy to import (once I can anywasy)?

If no one has an answer regarding the EP question, maybe someone can instruct me on how to import my inventory another way, in mass.

Thank you.

Hey GonnaLuvIt,

I'm a bit of a noob myself, but I hope this information can help you. First, make sure your /temp folder has all permissions set to true(777). Second, try uploading your .txt file onto your ftp before submitting it using EP. At the bottom, you will see the status of the update.

Try playing around with easypopulate while you only have 1 or 2 items in your database. This helps to clear out confusions.

I would recommend you create another database in case something happends.

On another note, be sure to have added the proper code lines from the .pdf file that is included in the Doc folder of EasyPopulate.

Goodluck!

Yes, I set the permissions. However, I didn't see anything in a PDF file that I was supposed to ad. I will take a look for that. Will EP not work with out this?

Thanks for the tip!

Also, I'm not sure how to format my upload, once I can. All I know it must be tab delimited in txt form. What should my titles at the top be assuming I am using an untouched OSC?

I cannot find this code you are mentioning. Do you mean: changing $tempdir = "/catalog/temp/" to the correct path? Thats all I could find. I tried changing this and I still got the same error.

• 2 weeks later...