• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Default Layout

dbsurf79

I have had a guy working on my website for sometime now and as this guy has been flaking lately, therefore I have taken my site into my own hands. I am new to OsCommerce and I am having trouble with the layout. There are items missing such as product listings, manufacturers and basically all the side menus. How can I revert back to the default layout to start from scratch?

The shopping cart is here to see what the problem is:

http://www.dbsurfboards.com/store/

Any help yould be appreciated.

I have had a guy working on my website for sometime now and as this guy has been flaking lately, therefore I have taken my site into my own hands. I am new to OsCommerce and I am having trouble with the layout. There are items missing such as product listings, manufacturers and basically all the side menus. How can I revert back to the default layout to start from scratch?

The shopping cart is here to see what the problem is:

http://www.dbsurfboards.com/store/

Any help yould be appreciated.

I am not sure what you have in mind on the layout, but I guess you have your reasons for being disatisified. One way to do that is to download a fresh install from osCommerce, then do a wholesale upload of the .php files (all except the configuration files, that is). If some of you existing ones (like header.php english.php, etc. have been modified and seem to be correct, just skip them). What I would do myself is to first rename an old php file (like change index.php to Zindex.php), upload its namesake, and see what it looks like, then repeat until satisfied. You can always put it back like it was by deleting the new upload and renaming the Zxxx.php to its old name). It might be easiest (using a FTP program) to sort the files by date (unless he edited them after they were uploaded), then you will get an idea of which ones he was playing with, and start them first. You would have to also compare directories (new download to old install) to see which ones are missing files in your shop (column_left.php column_right.php, etc).

www.djscollectables.com

Archived