• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

search query to search in keywords

c_karsan

Is there a feature which can make the search query entered by the user, to read the meta keywords as entered when creating a new product.

I already have modded my search box to automatically search in the product descriptions, but I would like to replace this by searching in the product keywords (meta keywords). The reason is that this is invisible to the reader and I can put spelling variations without the product description reading gibberish

I have the ability to add meta keywords, descriptions and title to each product and category created so it make better sense of me to put common search terms and variations thereof in the keywords section.

Anyone familiar with how the search works may be able to help.

Thanks

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

• 2 weeks later...

after a few weeks of banging my head against a wall I have managed to somehow do it......

in your advanced_search_result.php (or advanced_search_result.tpl.php if you have a template like me)

find this line:

$where_str .= " or pd.products_description like '%" . tep_db_input($keyword) . "%'";

below it add this line

$where_str .= " or pd.products_head_keywords_tag like '%" . tep_db_input($keyword) . "%'";

This is if you already have search in descriptions set to true when a search is conducted.

hope this may be useful!!

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

Archived