• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal not a payment option

I have the PayPal IPN module installed and enabled but for some reason during checkout PayPal is not listed in the payment options (Other options are available when they are enabled).

If no other payment options are enabled and I confirm the order, I am brought to the PayPal sandbox without an order total.

I have seen posts suggesting the register_globals fix (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2957/category,all/search,register+globals) is not exactly compatible with PayPal IPN. I had installed this fix to run locally, but I have just realized my server has register globals set to 'on'. Are these things related?

Colin

Edited by jbbeer

UPDATE:

The problem had nothing to do with the register globals fix because I had already removed this - good thing I'm keeping track of mods!

I disabled paypal IPN and replaced the files in the contribution with the originals (v1.1) and it worked. I also applied the tax fix and it appears to still be working.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2679

I have recently moved the store to a new server. Could this have caused the problem?

(This was supposed to be posted in 'Official PayPal IPN Support Thread')

ANOTHER UPDATE:

Here is the problem! Whenever I select a tax zone in the PayPal IPN setup, PayPal is not a payment option during checkout. In my case the tax zone is a Canadian province. If I leave tax zone set to -none- the PayPal option is available.

?