• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Sessions Directory not found!

Tjobbe

I have tried to search for this but could not find anything remotely related.

Where should the sessions directory be? I'm getting the following errors on the home page:

Warning: session_start(): open(SESSION_WRITE_DIRECTORY/sess_e0173fb212bafa5fed707cc4b4489106, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /home/bagnbox/public_html/brokenfix/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 97

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/bagnbox/public_html/brokenfix/includes/functions/sessions.php:97) in /home/bagnbox/public_html/brokenfix/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 97

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/bagnbox/public_html/brokenfix/includes/functions/sessions.php:97) in /home/bagnbox/public_html/brokenfix/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 97

Warning Warning: The sessions directory does not exist: SESSION_WRITE_DIRECTORY. Sessions will not work until this directory is created.

I have tried to search for this but could not find anything remotely related.

Where should the sessions directory be? I'm getting the following errors on the home page:

In the osCommerce admin, go to "Configuration" -> "Sessions" and look at the first entry. It should be "Session Directory". If it is /tmp (default), go to your webserver root directory (probably /home/yourusername/www/ or something similar) and 'mkdir tmp' then make sure that the webserver has proper permissions to write to the directory. You may have to 'chmod 755 tmp' to set permissions so that the server can write your sessions to the directory.

Archived