• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Do i need SSL before i install?

shellyky

No, but make sure that you don't tick the SSL box option during the install procedure. SSL can be added later.

Vger

i've installed it but now im somehow missing where you can add in the SSL at later? Dont see any options.

BUMP! Still no answer. We need to know how to do this. Any help would be appreciated. I would have thought this would have been answered by now.

I may be able to help a little

My web host installed OSC for me and did so with SSL enabled. Because I dont intend to use SSL I needed to remove it -

To cut a long one shorter after many hours messing I discovered you just need to set the SSL line at the top of config.php (In catalog and in admin versions) to 'false' instead of 'true'

This turned off SSL and I havn't seen any problems yet.

It could be the reverse is true ?

i.e.

Just set the line to true (you cant miss it - its obvious near the top - sorry I dont have code handy)

john

To add ssl to an existing site you will need to edit your two configure.php files and set ssl to true. You will also need to edit the secure path so that it matches what you have on your ssl cert or the shared path you received from your hosting company.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Thanks for the replies!

I found the 'ENABLE_SSL' tag, and I set it to true, but where do I add the ssl path? I don't have any tags created. Please let me know what to add, and which files.

I found catalog/includes/configure.php,

and catalog/admin/includes/configure.php.

Thanks for the replies!

I found the 'ENABLE_SSL' tag, and I set it to true, but where do I add the ssl path? I don't have any tags created. Please let me know what to add, and which files.

I found catalog/includes/configure.php,

and catalog/admin/includes/configure.php.

Your almost there ..... configure your these two lines of code in the above files

define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://www.yourdomain.com');

define('ENABLE_SSL', 'true');// secure webserver for checkout procedure?

The enable_ssl points to the secure sever listed in the line directly above. :thumbsup:

I'm having a problem setting the ssl in my configure.php file. After changing the "false" to "true" and press save, it says that the file is saved but when I go back into that file it is back to "false".

Am I missing something?

Help

I'm having a problem setting the ssl in my configure.php file. After changing the "false" to "true" and press save, it says that the file is saved but when I go back into that file it is back to "false".

Am I missing something?

Help

Realized that I had to change permission to save. Works now.

Archived