• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Way to input products for new site.

TurboNova

I have just started a new OsCommerce site and have a bunch of automotive performance related parts I would like to offer. I am pretty new to any kind of data base stuff. I do have several catalogs with price sheets and PDF files from vendors. Is there an easy way to enter products into OsCommerce or do we just have to enter each product manually? I was wondering if I changed the PDF docs back into text if I could import the text into a database and use it with OsCommerce. Any ideas?

• 1 month later...
I have just started a new OsCommerce site and have a bunch of automotive performance related parts I would like to offer. I am pretty new to any kind of data base stuff. I do have several catalogs with price sheets and PDF files from vendors. Is there an easy way to enter products into OsCommerce or do we just have to enter each product manually? I was wondering if I changed the PDF docs back into text if I could import the text into a database and use it with OsCommerce. Any ideas?

If you have all the categories that you want, i.e. Suspension, Brakes, Engine, etc., already created, you can just manually enter the products into each respective category/sub-category the using the admin console. You could also create a cvs file and load it in using your mySQLAdmin console from your web hosting company.

I'm also doing the same and will want to add some automotive parts onto my website, however, I will need to create drop down menus for vehicle selection such as year, make, model, etc.

Hope that helps...

Archived