• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Orders not being Processed?

erikwoods

I just got done with my eStore using osCommerce and apparently when orders are made, they are not recorded in the store. In other words, when an order is made, and then you look in the order history (in my account where it says "View the orders I have made" it says no orders have been made after clicking it, even though there have been orders made.

Also, no emails have been sent to the store owner telling them what has been purchased. This is obviously a very big problem.

I am using the STS contribution, along with the Active Countries contribution and a few other minor contributions.

I'm not sure what the problem is. Could it have something to do with the checkout process? I modified it a little bit so that it would skip the shipping and payment method pages so that it would go straight to checkout confirmation... but I doubt that would be the cause.

I also use a custom table with the products in it by directly linking to the products like "catalog/product_info.php?products_id=29&osCsid=" where 29 is the product number. I do that for all of my products.

This is a serious problem because obviously the store won't work if the owner doesn't know who bought what.

If anybody can help me I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

I'm having the same problem of the store not being notified of the sale. The customer get an email but not the store. The sales are being recorded in OSC but without being notified it's useless. i've tried different email addresses for the store and still nothing. Please let me know if you find a fix and i'll do the same.

No that is not what you want. I would say your best bet at the moment is to wipe your catalog directory.

next, obtain a fresh install of osc from this web site and get it copied to your web site. (hopefully you know how to do this)

after that, you will need to use some kind of database program. I am assuming you dont have any shell access so your probably using phpmyadmin.

every time ive installed, i made sure to create a database before i ran the install.

So...

1. Go to phpMyAdmin and create a new database with whatever name you want.
  2. Direct your browser to www.yourstore.com/catalog and run the install
  3. for the host use 'localhost' (without the ' symbols of course)
  4. for the user i would suggest 'root' and obviously your password. ive heard you can create another superuser and use that if you dont want to use root, but personally i dont know how
  5. for database name use the one you just made in phpMyAdmin
  6. I would disable persistant connections if you are going to have alot of users and if your database is b eing used for other things as well
  7. dont use SSL unless you actually have ssl and know how to use it for your server
  8. in the case that you do have ssl, you will have to do something else. once you are DONE configuring your shop, you will possibly need to copy the whole thing to the https directory (some servers use the same directory for both, also, you probably dont need to copy all the files but i dont know which so better safe than sorry)

eventually, its probably going to warn you about not being able to access configuration.php

it will tell you to go to a couple different files and run the command chmod777.

if you have root access then its pretty self explanatory, you just have to cd /thatfolderpath/ and run the comands:

touch configure.php

chmod 777 configure.php

BUT your probably using plesk so you will need to go to that domain

then go to the file manager and direct it to the folder with the configure.php files in it (catalog/includes/configure.php AND catalog/admin/includes/configure.php)

Once you get there you need to look to the right side of the listing where it probably says some stuff like

rwx------

it will be a hyperlink so click on it. when the page changes you need to check all the boxes, this is giving the file full permissions from anyone.

so now when you look back to the right side of the listing it should say :

rwxrwxrwx

or some varation, just so long as it says rwx three times.

the first time is for the owner, the second is for the group, and the third is for others, but thats a whole different subject.

assuming you get those commands to run ok, you should begin by going to your catalog index, directing yourself through all pages, and taking measures to fix the problems in the little pink box on the top of the screen (if there is one)

once you're done with the catalog, go to the admin and do the same thing. click all the links on the left side navbar and make sure all the errors are fixed.

most of them will involve doing the same thing you just did with the configuration.php files. to set permissions on a folder is the exact same way as doing it for a file.

once all the error messages are taken care of, try to place a test order on one of the default products it imported on install.

after sigining up, you should recieve an email in the address you provided.

after ordering, you should recieve a conformation email (not sure about this one, but i think so)

once the order is placed, you should be able to go to the admin console under customers>orders and see the order.

If you have any questions, dont hesitate to reply.

-Brett

Why in the world would I need to completely re-install? I did a good clean install when I did it the first time, without any problems... it's way too late in the game to simply just re-install the whole thing! It would take hours to get it the way I want it to work again.

I think there's probably a better way to fix my problem (no offense).

Thanks for the help anyway.

Anyone who knows how to fix the emails please let me know. Thanks.

Why in the world would I need to completely re-install? I did a good clean install when I did it the first time, without any problems... it's way too late in the game to simply just re-install the whole thing! It would take hours to get it the way I want it to work again.

I think there's probably a better way to fix my problem (no offense).

Thanks for the help anyway.

Anyone who knows how to fix the emails please let me know. Thanks.

The email problem and the orders not being recorded are probably one issue. Both are triggered at the checkout success stage and for some reason that is not happening.

Do you get the checkout success page when you place a test order??

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

The only payment method I have right now (and that I plan to have) is via paypal.

After making the payment on paypal, emails are sent from paypal notifying about payment received, etc... but I don't get any emails saying what the order is. So basically the store owner could get money but he has no way of telling what they are paying for because it doesn't send him an email with the order.

The only payment method I have right now (and that I plan to have) is via paypal.

After making the payment on paypal, emails are sent from paypal notifying about payment received, etc... but I don't get any emails saying what the order is. So basically the store owner could get money but he has no way of telling what they are paying for because it doesn't send him an email with the order.

I have the same problem, and the extra order emails are not the problem. I keep getting PayPal emails, letting me know that I have a sale, but I do not know what they are buying. Nothing shows up under "Pending" and nothing shows up for the customer. I only have a very small amount of items being sold, but this is a huge problem for anyone else. I am also awaiting a solution to fix this problem.

What does the send extra emails to mean? Emails about orders?

I do not currently have it set to any email address.

But think about this for a second. The store doesn't store the order ANYWHERE in the admin area or anything. I go to the orders and nothing is recorded. Should that matter?

In other words- even after I do set an email address to "send extra emails" I'm not going to be notified when purchases are made, am I correct?

I have it set up for paypal and the correct email address associated with it. Under "set order status" I have "default." Should I set that to "pending" or something? Is that my problem?

I have no way of testing the store without actually transfering real money between accounts. I signed up for a sandbox account but I apparently can't use it on my estore. Not sure why. Any ideas?

I appreciate the help.

1) in Send Extra Email enter your email address so you will get a copy of the order sent to you

2) download and install the PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN contribution, there is an issue with customers not returning to your websites from paypal using the stock paypal payment method

Installed Contributions: CCGV, Close Popup, Dynamic Meta Tags, Easy Populate, Froogle Data Feeder, Google Position, Infobox Header Entire Row, Live Support for OSC, PayPal Seal with CC images, Report_m Sales, Shop by Price Revised, SQL Updater, Who's Online Enhancement, Footer, GNA EP Assistant and still going.

One way that you may be able to try to debug this problem is to enable the Check/Money Order payment module. Then place orders yourself using that payment option. Disable that option when you are done with your debugging and re-enable it when you need to try again.

Put something in your cart and place the order. See if it completes through the checkout_success.php. Check your server error-log to see if there are any errors being reported.

Go into phpMyAdmin and check the 'orders' table to see if your order is being stored.

That's an effective way to start the debug process. Return to this thread with any results that you find.

As for the "Extra Orders" thing...put your email address in there so that any order request will be sent to you if the order does indeed go through.

Krnl

Are you saying that by using the check/money order payment module I can test the store without worrying about anything as long as the owner of the store knows it is me? That's a good idea, if it works the same way other payment method work. I'm just looking to test emails.

I will try these things that you have asked. Thank you for the help.

AWESOME. i am a complete idiot.

The problem seems to be fixed now.

Orders are being recorded and emails sent. It was a simple problem fixed by setting an email address for the extra emails field, and setting the order status in paypal to pending rather than default.

Thanks guys. I feel dumb, but thanks.

AWESOME. i am a complete idiot.

The problem seems to be fixed now.

Orders are being recorded and emails sent. It was a simple problem fixed by setting an email address for the extra emails field, and setting the order status in paypal to pending rather than default.

Thanks guys. I feel dumb, but thanks.

Is your email preference ( 'EMAIL_TEXT_COMMENTS_UPDATE') set to smtp or sendmail? Mine is on sendmail and I get no email about the confirmation when a new order is placed, but the customer receives the order. Please help!

Is your email preference ( 'EMAIL_TEXT_COMMENTS_UPDATE') set to smtp or sendmail? Mine is on sendmail and I get no email about the confirmation when a new order is placed, but the customer receives the order. Please help!

Changed it to sendmail and it worked.

Archived