• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PLEASE HELP: Heading text clickable, not arrow

Hello,

In the infobox 'Shopping Cart' you see the header text: Shopping Cart. After that text there is an arrow, which is a link to the shopping cart page.

How do I remove this arrow and make the text clickable and link to the shopping cart page?

This is not only for the Shopping Cart infobox, but for all infoboxes.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

nobody?

I'm not sure why you would want this since there is a clickable text link directly above (between My Account and Checkout (called Cart Contents), but if you must, you might try adding the link info in the language php (ie. includes/language/english.php). It looks like this

define('HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT', 'Checkout');

Haven't tried it myself but maybe replace the "Checkout" with something like <a href="where you need to go"> Checkout</a> link. Like I said, this is just an idea, really don't like the idea, but if you can make it work, more power to you.

www.djscollectables.com

About removing the image, when I need to do so, I just replace it with something called a cleardot.jpg (can be changed to .gif very easily. Just make a copy of it, rename it the same as what you want to disappear and upload to the proper directory. It is only 1 pixel so it virtually disappears from view and I have never been able to pinpoint it's location. Kind of a sneaky way to do it, but it works. If you have imaging software, just resize any image (a white sheet works well) to 1X1 pixel and save as whatever you want to call it.

www.djscollectables.com

• 1 month later...
About removing the image, when I need to do so, I just replace it with something called a cleardot.jpg (can be changed to .gif very easily. Just make a copy of it, rename it the same as what you want to disappear and upload to the proper directory. It is only 1 pixel so it virtually disappears from view and I have never been able to pinpoint it's location. Kind of a sneaky way to do it, but it works. If you have imaging software, just resize any image (a white sheet works well) to 1X1 pixel and save as whatever you want to call it.

Ok, i think there is a better way to remove only the arrow.

For example in specials.php change this

new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, false, false, tep_href_link(FILENAME_SPECIALS));

in

new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, false, false);

Then the arrow disappears but than you have no link.

If have tested this...

if ($right_corner == true) {
	$right_corner = $right_arrow . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'infobox/corner_right.gif');
  } else {
	$right_corner = $right_arrow . tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '11', '14');
  }

$info_box_contents = array();
  if ($right_arrow == true) {
	$info_box_contents[] = array(array('params' => 'height="14" class="infoBoxHeading"',
									   'text' => $left_corner),
								 array('params' => 'width="100%" height="14" class="infoBoxHeading"',
									   'text' => $contents[1]['<a href="' . $right_arrwow . '">[text]</a>']),
								 array('params' => 'height="14" class="infoBoxHeading" nowrap',
									   'text' => $right_corner));
  } else {				 
	$info_box_contents[] = array(array('params' => 'height="14" class="infoBoxHeading"',
									   'text' => $left_corner),
								 array('params' => 'width="100%" height="14" class="infoBoxHeading"',
									   'text' => $contents[0]['text']),
								 array('params' => 'height="14" class="infoBoxHeading" nowrap',
									   'text' => $right_corner));
   }

But this code shows me only the link but i can't click on it.

Have anyone an idea to fix the problem???

Archived