• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Removing "Top >> Catalog"?

evopanop

Hey everyone,

How do I remove the part near the top of the page that says "Top >> Catalog" etc. I just want to remove that piece, and not the text that's over to the right of that (My Account, Cart Contents, etc.).

Thanks! :)

Bump. Anyone know how I can accomplish this? :)

Rather than bump your post which is against forum policies, you might try searching the forums. This is question that has answered many times.

Tina

If you're not having fun you're not doing it right

Teach a person to fish rather than give them a loaf of bread or however that saying goes.

Hey, Tina,

I would like to know the anwser to this too.

Michael

In catalog/includes/header.php remove this line

<td class="headerNavigation">  <?php echo $breadcrumb->trail(' » '); ?></td>

Is there a way to keep it so it displays the current category but gets rid of the "Top".

So it would keep the "Catalog >> Category >> SubCategory" ? If its possible, how do you change the Catalog to say Home? Thanks!

Google search:

site:www.oscommerce.com/forums change top

The point here is not to make things more difficult by not providing you the simple answer. Rather to encourage you to seek out the huge wealth of information available on these forums. I'm attempting to empower you with the ability to find answers on your own, rather than have to post and wait for several hours for someone to come along and provide you with an answer.

No offense intended however for someone who is willing to learn and needs help getting over the rough spots, then I am all over doing what ever I can to help such a person. However for someone who is going to be lazy and sit back waiting for an answer that is all over the forums, then I'm sorry but I really don't have the time. Just like my signature says, if I give you the fish you'll solve that simple problem and you'll be back soon to ask another simple question. However if I teach you how to fish I've given you the ability to experience self satisfaction and the ability to learn the system. In the long run I feel I have provided the best service by doing the latter.

Tina

If you're not having fun you're not doing it right

Teach a person to fish rather than give them a loaf of bread or however that saying goes.

Is there a way to keep it so it displays the current category but gets rid of the "Top".

So it would keep the "Catalog >> Category >> SubCategory" ? If its possible, how do you change the Catalog to say Home? Thanks!

That's another question as OP started and easy to do. Methods differ but my favorite way to get rid of "Top" is to edit the (catalog)/includes/application_top.php.

Search for:

$breadcrumb->add(HEADER_TITLE_TOP, HTTP_SERVER);
 $breadcrumb->add(HEADER_TITLE_CATALOG, tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT));

and change to

//  $breadcrumb->add(HEADER_TITLE_TOP, HTTP_SERVER);
 $breadcrumb->add(HEADER_TITLE_CATALOG, tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT));

To change "Catalog" to say "Home" look in your (catalog)/includes/languages/english.php

Thanks a lot wheel! Its appriciated.

Tina - It takes me a lot to post to a forum. I've learned a lot about osCommerce by trial and error and I only ask for help if I can't figureit out and can't find it. I searched for a while on the forms(using the search feature) with no luck.

Archived