• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

WHY?

ant36

I've installed oscommerce,everything runs like a dream....until I try ANY of the contributions or knowledge base scripts etc.

So far I've tried to renmove the new products box.....this was the only thing that did work...but when I tried to replace it with the featured products option using the script suggested ,it wouldn't work,now,I know people are going to say I'm doing something wrong,but the fact is is that after several unsuccessful attempts and several new very carefully installed and followed procedures these scripts just don't seem to work.

Now I've tried the STS PLUS install on yet another very carefully done clean oscommerce install and an equally very carefully done STS PLUS install...all goes perfectly untill I get to the admin...modules...STS install button....click....and nothing...dead button.

Is it my version of oscommerce ...which is the latest?

is it something to do with my host?

I know it's not my install...so why won't ANY of these scripts...installations...except the original work for me at all?

I guess my first thought would be what are you using to make the edits to files with? And after you make the edit what are you using to upload the file back to the server?

Some text editors add extra characters and line breaks. These can really foul up php files. Notepad is good or a php editor is better. When merging contributions in, WinMerge is a very helpful tool (and it is free).

If you are uploading files using FTP, then that is good, but make sure it is uploading php files in ascii format.

Rule #1: Without exception, backup your database and files before making any changes to your files or database.

Rule #2: Make sure there are no exceptions to Rule #1.

I guess my first thought would be what are you using to make the edits to files with? And after you make the edit what are you using to upload the file back to the server?

Some text editors add extra characters and line breaks. These can really foul up php files. Notepad is good or a php editor is better. When merging contributions in, WinMerge is a very helpful tool (and it is free).

If you are uploading files using FTP, then that is good, but make sure it is uploading php files in ascii format.

Using php 2006 to edit...wsftp to upload in ascii mode

Archived