• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

if i change qty level to 0 does it hide the product from the website

allvogue

Hi,

Just a quick question, if i change a products quantity level to "0" using easypopulate, does it hide the product so that customer cant see it on the websitehe? or do i have to set the product to "inactive"

Cheers,

Chris

Hi Chris,

I just tried it in my catalog and it had no effect. On the admin panel under categories/products, there are two buttons beside the item in question. A green circle and a red one. If you click the red one it will disable the product and cause it to disappear from your catalog while still being visible in the admin. Is that what you are trying to do?

Jeri

Better to set it to inactive. If product level is 0 there is a way to prevent checkout, and there is a way to prevent it showing on the site, but much easier to just set it to inactive from the get-go.

• 3 weeks later...
Better to set it to inactive. If product level is 0 there is a way to prevent checkout, and there is a way to prevent it showing on the site, but much easier to just set it to inactive from the get-go.

I have CRE loaded 6.15 and I'd like products with zero quantity to not show in my catalog. You mention that this is possible, but I have not found instructions in any of my documentation.

Thanks for any help

I modified the sql statements on the index.php to not include the items with 0 quantity but the categories still count them even if they aren't being shown.

where ever i found: where p.products_status = '1'

i added:

and p.products_quantity > '0'

right after it.

i also changed it in products_new.php

• 1 year later...

Archived