• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

What I'am I doing wrong?

nate_king1

www.vacuumcleanersusa.com

What happened? It was working fine last night at my server mysite.com/vacuumclenaersusa/ then I added a sub-domain via Cpanel it it isn't working.

I fixed the configure.php file, maybe it is the problem with the database?

www.vacuumcleanersusa.com

What happened? It was working fine last night at my server mysite.com/vacuumclenaersusa/ then I added a sub-domain via Cpanel it it isn't working.

I fixed the configure.php file, maybe it is the problem with the database?

I'm alsoing seeking information on design, like how to change the color of the boxes. How to get rid of

Vacuums -> and to just Vacuums for SEO?

Hi - changing "Vacuums ->" to "Vacuums" will make very little difference for seo, but if you insist, open catalog/includes/boxes/categories.php and find:

$categories_string .= '->';

change to:

$categories_string .= '';

and your arrow will go away.

Colours of boxes etc will mainly be controlled in your stylesheet.css file - take a backup of it so you can go back if anything goes badly wrong, but play around with it and see what happens!

As far as your cpanel settings go, your database should still be accesible because the ip /web address of the dbase wont have changed, and it will still be on the same server, so whether you have a url/ip or localhost defined this should still work fine. When you say it isn't working, what is happening? Are you getting the site displayed but with errors, or are you getting page not found, or something else? Also, did you move your store to the subdomain, or just add the subdomain for other purposes?

Hi - changing "Vacuums ->" to "Vacuums" will make very little difference for seo, but if you insist, open catalog/includes/boxes/categories.php and find:

Actually it is one of the biggest factors for SEO copywriting and Linking, it is called anchor tittle for a a link. But thanks, as for my problem, I'm just going to re-install, lol, this is about my 4th time I had to reinstall. This script is so sensitive. LOL. But it does have a lot of features, good community and mods. The price is good also.. THanks,

Archived