• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help to find Merchant account

Hi,

I am UK Based and discovered oscommerce 3 years ago. I setup an online store for my wifes business using it. www.debbies-delights.co.uk

To be able to accept credit/debit card payments, I have been using Paypal which I have been very pleased with and had no problems with what so ever....... Untill Now.

I received an email from PayPal saying I could no longer use paypal (after 3 years use) to accept payments on my site as we sell "Adult Related Producs" and I was in Breach of Terms.

Unfortunatly, this is something I did not see when signing up to PayPal (totaly my fault)

So now I have a problem of finding a Merchant Account/Payment Gateway to be able to accept credit/debit card payments.

I have spent a lot of time searching the internet but all the ones I have tried either do not accept UK accounts, Selling Adult Products or both.

Can anyone please Let me know of a Reasonably Priced e-commerce account that could possibly be the right one for my requirements.

I am sure I am not the only on with, or had, the same problem.

Any help would be very much appreciated

Thanks

Dave & Debbie

Hi,

I am UK Based and discovered oscommerce 3 years ago. I setup an online store for my wifes business using it. www.debbies-delights.co.uk

To be able to accept credit/debit card payments, I have been using Paypal which I have been very pleased with and had no problems with what so ever....... Untill Now.

I received an email from PayPal saying I could no longer use paypal (after 3 years use) to accept payments on my site as we sell "Adult Related Producs" and I was in Breach of Terms.

Unfortunatly, this is something I did not see when signing up to PayPal (totaly my fault)

So now I have a problem of finding a Merchant Account/Payment Gateway to be able to accept credit/debit card payments.

I have spent a lot of time searching the internet but all the ones I have tried either do not accept UK accounts, Selling Adult Products or both.

Can anyone please Let me know of a Reasonably Priced e-commerce account that could possibly be the right one for my requirements.

I am sure I am not the only on with, or had, the same problem.

Any help would be very much appreciated

Thanks

Dave & Debbie

Unfortunately finding a merchant account that will allow the sale of adult related products is a difficult problem. Adding to that issue is the fact that many of the payment processors who do accept transactions charge outrages rates for their services.

I've done some work for a site that is "adult related" yet not the norm for what many think of as an adult web site. It's those main stream adult sites which generally incur many charge backs which creates this situation. So even having a site which markets products which are for adults only gets you lumped in with all the bad eggs. Ok I'll get off my soap box now LOL.

The forum rules generally frown upon giving specific recommendations, so I won't do that. However my advice to you would be to look at some other sites which are selling products similar to yours and see if you can find out who they are using for payment processing. That will give you some leads. Of course hopefully when you find one there is a payment module available for that processor. It's not an easy task and I'm with you in spirit towards your endeavor.

Good Luck,

Tina

If you're not having fun you're not doing it right

Teach a person to fish rather than give them a loaf of bread or however that saying goes.

Unfortunately finding a merchant account that will allow the sale of adult related products is a difficult problem. Adding to that issue is the fact that many of the payment processors who do accept transactions charge outrages rates for their services.

Hi Tina

Many thanks for an unexpected prompt reply :thumbsup:

I have spent many an hour going through all the websites with similar content to my own.

Unfortunatly (for them) most use PayPal, the rest use merchant accounts which, like you have said, charge extortionate prices.

For now, I will just have to continue my search and hopefuly come up with a positive solution.

Many thanks again for your reply........much apreciated

Take care

Debbie

Archived