• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

finding a merchant account

Hi,

I am UK Based and discovered oscommerce 3 years ago. I setup an online store for my wifes business using it. www.debbies-delights.co.uk

To be able to accept credit/debit card payments, I have been using Paypal which I have been very pleased with and had no problems with what so ever....... Untill Now.

I received an email from PayPal saying I could no longer use paypal (after 3 years use) to accept payments on my site as we sell "Adult Related Producs" and I was in Breach of Terms.

Unfortunatly, this is something I did not see when signing up to PayPal (totaly my fault)

So now I have a problem of finding a Merchant Account/Payment Gateway to be able to accept credit/debit card payments.

I have spent a lot of time searching the internet but all the ones I have tried either do not accept UK accounts, Selling Adult Products or both.

Can anyone please Let me know of a Reasonably Priced e-commerce account that could possibly be the right one for my requirements.

I am sure I am not the only on with, or had, the same problem.

Any help would be very much appreciated

Thanks

Dave & Debbie

Hi dave528,

It doesn't seem like the forum is to active with replies at times.

REgarinding your question - i'm not sure if the UK is similar to South Africa/USA (where i'm most familiar with this - for what its worth :-" ) But if you have a credit card account with a bank - see if they cannot supply you with a merhant account. Or try people like "World Pay" www.worldpay.com/

Another bet would be to knock on the door of people in the same industry - they may know of providers who specifically work alongside your industry.

I hope this helps.

All the best.

Rising Phoenix

Archived